Props for Fulltone Clyde Deluxe

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jzucker, Sep 13, 2008.

1. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

Picked one of these up in a trade and I'm very pleasantly surprised. Perhaps not quite as vintagey as some of the "clone" wahs but has an excellent voice and is very fun and inspiring to play and works great cutting through a mix. I also like the input volume control which lets you get unity gain out of the wah instead of the normal (vintage) loss . More later including clips...

2. ducmike

ducmike Silver Supporting Member

I went back to the Clyde Deluxe a month or so ago. I like having the different settings for different amps, guitars, and pedals. Jimi for a fuzz and fatter neck pup tones or clean tones. whacked for bridge pups or strats through the higher gain gain side of my Dabeck. I also dig the longer treadle throw so you can concentrate on highs or lows.

3. CiceroTJones

CiceroTJones Member

I just got one also, and LOVE IT!

Mine's white, too... which is the sex.

4. zydeco papa

zydeco papa Member

I just got one. Still learning to play it musically, as I haven't used a wah since my Bass Crybaby more than 15 years ago. I've been getting more serious on guitar lately and starting with excellent gear has made it very fun.

The modes are as described - I don't get some of the user reviews out there that talk about not being able to get a usable sound out of it. All the voices cut through and hold up fine live thanks to the volume control.

5. Flameout12

Flameout12 Member

I have a Standard....it's a great wah...the true by-pass in Fulltone gear is excellent.

6. MojoFilter

MojoFilter Member

Another +1 on the Clyde Deluxe. Tons of versatility, and every voicing is usable. I love mine.

7. jdawg666

jdawg666 Member

Jack, compared your Area 51 vids to your latest Clyde vids. Quite frankly, didn't care for the Clyde's tone, voicing and sweep. The Area 51 on the other hand sounds tasty on your vids.

8. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

it's a more modern wah for sure but it's got a lot of things going for it. If I want the jimi tone, the area 51 and bonnie are good choices but this wah is great for funk rhythm and really nice crying tone on solos. Wait for the standalone demo before making a final decision.

9. 12guitdown

12guitdown Member

My Clyde Deluxe is probably one of the oldest pedals currently on my board. It ain't going nowhere.

10. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Just picked one up 2 weeks ago and really like it.