Props For Ted Weber - Customer Service

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Teleplayer, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Teleplayer

Teleplayer Silver Supporting Member

A few weeks back I bought back a scipt logo TopHat King Royale from a close friend. The amp is in pristine condition, and probably has not been turned on more than 30-40 times total, since I originally received delivery of the amp back in 1/99.

The amp is loaded with a "Made In England" Greenback and Weber Ceramic Blue. The Ceramic Blue was a special desing speaker for TopHat "back in the day", and it actually comes with a silver basket.

When I received the amp back from my close friend, I re-tubed it (still had all original tubes in it), as it had some microphonics issues. The Weber speaker was also exhibiting either cone cry or some voice coil rub.

Because of the amp's museum-like condition, I wanted to keep it as original as possible. Thus, I wanted to get the Weber speaker fixed, so I could keep the amp close to spec.

A couple weeks ago, I e-mailed WeberVST about the speaker issue. Within three (yes, 3) minutes, I received an e-mail reply from Ted himself. Ted told me to send the speaker back, and send it directly to his attention.

I did so, and sent it via FedEx Ground. WeberVST received the speaker on Monday, December 12th. I had not heard anything from Ted, so I e-mailed him yesterday. Within 1/2 hour, he e-mailed back saying that the speaker was already on its way back - completely re-built, using the original speaker basket.

I was pleasantly shocked - within nine days, he had received the speaker, re-built it, and turned it around to me. It is due to reach my house today.

Aside from the odd noises, that speaker - teamed with the Greenback - sounded stellar in this amp. I can not wait to get it back.

I just wanted readers of TGP to know that Ted was extremely responsive, very helpful, and a total pleasure to work with. Thank you Ted and the folks at WeberVST!

2. ccoker

ccoker Supporting Member

good to hear positive feedback
    too often you only hear the negative...

3. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Any business I've had w/ Weber has gone smoothly and any minor confusion quickly addressed. Good peeps for sure.

4. showman(tx)

showman(tx) Member

You ain't kidding, I emailed them last night with a cabinet question and Ted emailed me back within 5 minutes!

I once sent them a speaker to be reconed and after a week or so they called and said they couldn't find anything wrong with it, so they sent it back untouched on their dime. Many companies would have done the recone anyway and charged for the work ...

Tops in my book.

5. redtoploader

redtoploader Member

Not a surprise to me really....i've done business with him at least a dozen times, everything went well- and I loved all the speakers to boot. I think he got a little overwhelmed in the early days (I waited a LONG time for a vox alnico recone in '98) but it seems those issues have been resolved for the most part.

6. Teleplayer

Speaker just arrived.

7. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

I've only done 400 speaker purchases from Weber so maybe this doesn't count..but with a failure/shipping rate of one every 400, that's pretty decent. And any issues I had, which are remarkably few, were handled pretty quickly (typically same or next day) as well.

A fine company, fine staff, and fine man. Now I've got to go unpack another three speaker boxes and complete some Scumback back orders, but this was a good thread I wanted to comment on.

Ted & T A...thanks & Merry Xmas!

8. Scott_F

Scott_F Gold Supporting Member

A few years ago, there was a guy on the FDP that had punched a hole in his new weber apeaker during a DRRI install. Money was tight and he was not happy with himself. Ted saw the thread and fixed it for free. 'nuff said.

9. Madison

Madison Member

Nothing but good experiences with Weber VST:)

10. jda

jda Member

Same here. Nice folks.

11. bluesbreaker59

bluesbreaker59 Supporting Member

Ted and T.A. have always been top notch to me, and I've only ordered like 8 speakers in total over like 5 years, so its not like I'm a "big customer", but every time I'm treated like I am, and the orders are always shipped on time, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, the speakers always sound fantastic.

12. tom grossheider

tom grossheider Member

+1 !! If you are ever near Kokomo, call ahead and arrange a visit. Ted, TA and the team are the best!

13. Teleplayer

Speaker came back with original silver/gray basket - as I had resquested. Per Ted, the speaker was re-built.

Ted's a class act, and has been very helpful in answering all my questions, etc.

14. illinimax

illinimax Gold Supporting Member

Can't wait to hear that speaker in THAT amp :JAM

15. Serious Poo

Serious Poo Armchair Rocket Scientist Graffiti Existentialist Gold Supporting Member

Ted runs a great company, and his speakers are some of the best I've used.

:AOK

16. mountain blues

mountain blues Member

The pile-on of praise for Ted and TA is great to see. I have nothing but respect for those guys.

17. Teleplayer

Me too.:AOK

18. jkr

jkr Supporting Member

Another +1 for Ted's customer service and his company!

19. Timbre Wolf

Timbre Wolf GoldMember Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Exceptional customer service is important to me, and Ted's got it, every time I've asked! Cheers to Ted!!

- T

20. Rob Livesey

Rob Livesey Member

+1 here,

I've been dealing with Ted since the mid/late 90's, put their speakers into almost everything, bias rites, components, trannys etc etc. I live in the UK and only once did the shipping turn pear shaped, Ted replaced two speakers even before we knew what had happened to the first pair. They did turn up eventually having been run over by a truck or something, but hey, I already had my replacement pair.

If you look after your customers the business will look after itself.

Rob.