Props to PRS!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by supergenius365, Aug 18, 2008.

1. supergenius365

supergenius365 Silver Supporting Member

I emailed PRS on Saturday. First thing this morning there was a reply from an actual person. Not a computer generated response. That same person has responded to 4 or 5 of my emails/questions today alone. Pretty impressive for the #3 guitar company in the world!

2. Tone Disciple

Tone Disciple Gold Supporting Member

3. Datsyuk

Datsyuk Member

I'm happy for you especially considering PRS "Customer Service" has never responded to my emails regarding problems with my two PRS guitars for which I'm into $8000.00 Cdn. It was pretty fu**ing dissapointing. Something internally, (I think the internal circuit board) vibrates and rattles so intensly that it's like having built in distortion. I probably wouldn't care if it wasn't a Hollowbody 1 Artist option guitar used mostly for mellower jazz and blues. The guitar was even sent back to PRS with a number of problems to be addressed including the ridiculous rattling which was never fixed. This guitar cost me $5700.oo after tax. The battery compartment / connector, for the piezo pickup is a fragile joke as far as I'm concerned. FWIW I love this guitar minus these annoying issues. I'm glad you had a good experience. :mad:

4. supergenius365

supergenius365 Silver Supporting Member

If you want to email or PM me your contact info, I will forward it to the person who has been helping me. As I said, I received 4 or 5 replies just today. If he doesn't respond, then maybe PRS just doesn't like Canadiens. ;) Just kidding.

5. Luke

Luke Senior Member

Or maybe someone else is responsible for dealing with them, like a person that speaks French.

6. WahmBoomAh

WahmBoomAh World Crass Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

......resisting...... smaaart ...ass...........COMMENT !

7. Datsyuk

Datsyuk Member

Just remember who has the most fresh water reserves in the world my dear neighbours to the south. I'm pretty sure that we also provide a good chunk of electricity to both California and New York state. Do they measure electricity in "chunks" ;)

With that said I imagine Canada would be easier to invade than Iraq. I mean this in the nicest of ways because we'd be screwed without our big, big brother looking out for us.

All kidding aside I'm going to eventually take the axe to a local repair guy to see what he thinks. Thanks for the info, I might need to take you up on it.

Cheers :drink

8. GAD

GAD Wubbalubbadubdub Silver Supporting Member

Careful what you post on the Internet. :roll

GAD

9. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

More like the dealer who took his $5700.

10. Datsyuk

Datsyuk Member

Your right, in order for PRS to access any of my issues it had to be sent to them via the dealer which it was. The drag is that the dealer who clearly agreed with my issues regarding the instrument and clearly documented the problems, sent the the instrument to PRS only to have the guitar returned without any improvement, at least as far as the rattling goes. Other issues with the guitar were adequately addressed. Although you don't hear anything too obtrusive when plugged in, if you play a bar chord for example the whole thing rattles like you wouldn't believe.

When I ordered the guitar our Canadian dollar was not worth much more than Monopoly money and hence the rather crazy final cost.

Anyway, enough of my woes. I just realized that I have unintentionally hijacked supergenius365's postive original thread. My apologizes, I've never hijacked anything before, kinda of exciting. :eek:

11. Datsyuk

Datsyuk Member

Sorry for being a little dense here but are you referring to my being somewhat idiotic in broadcasting my prised, rattling or not, instruments value on the net? ie. "Hey Vancouver thieves, come rip off this fool's fancy guitar."

If so, good point, there may be an edit coming. Can you please elaborate?

Anyways, gentlemen, thanks for indulging me, let's get back to playing. Au revoir! (did I spell that right?)

12. wilerty

wilerty Member

Shawn is always very responsive to any questions.