Props to Soldano

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by daveS, Jan 25, 2008.

1. daveS

daveS lefty dude on hiatus Gold Supporting Member

Between the San Andreas and Calaveras Faults
    Just wanted to give a shout out about the great customer service I recently received from Soldano Amps. My Astroverb combo cab was getting pretty worn and I wanted a new head cab for the amp. I ended up ordering a headcab from them (in a different color from the original). I sent them a check $$ around X-mas and already got the head cabinet this week ! Wow ! ...1 month turnaround ! They got everything perfect too and the head cab was packed extremely well. Sean at Soldano was extremely responsive and helpful when I inquired about the cabinet. The cab looks great and I'm really happy with the head configuration instead of the combo. The Soldano guys rock and much as thier amps ! !
    Cheers
    -Dave

here's a pic...
    [​IMG]

2. KazJY

KazJY Member

VERY cool!!:AOK

Soldano is awesome with customer service - I've dealt with Bill Sundt and Mike himself once. Great bunch o' guys.

3. nsriley

nsriley Member

Yup good people. I have an Astroverb head and my power switch light went out. They sent me a new one with one of the three leads soldered on to make my life easier at replacing it. :)

4. Guitar James

Guitar James Member

Mike is one of the original hotrod Marshall guys. Him and Bill are good people.

5. lespaul6

lespaul6 Senior Member

6. BurnoutBright

BurnoutBright Member

Dave, I am jealous. I tried contacting them by e-mail in September asking them exactly the same thing. I sent two e-mails and no response. Then I contacted one of their dealer Peete's Amps and he also tried to enquire about a head cab shell and he did not get a response. Maybe I should have used the phone. :( So I gave up, but I found a local company here that will build the head shell for me. Mine should be done next week. I love the snakeskin tolex, that amp looks gorgeous. And yeah I know these are nice folks. I met Mike Soldano while I was in Seattle about a year ago, they had just moved in to their new place in the Ballard area.

Edit:
    I love my Astroverb16, definitely a keeper.

7. daveS

Dude ! You're in Los Gatos ??? I am in San Jose...small world. :D

-d

8. BurnoutBright

BurnoutBright Member

I work in San Jose so we are even closer.;) By the way, Val King of King Amplification in San Jose is building my head cab you probably know him already. We might have the same taste in amps, we might be able to compare notes in the future.

9. daveS

Yeah Val is a great guy and has serviced a couple of my amps....he really knows his stuff and his work is top notch....His amps are pretty cool too !!

Cheers
    -d

10. DEMENTED

DEMENTED Supporting Member

I always had great service calling them, Bill helped me and was very patient with all my questions about my SLO.

11. BurnoutBright

BurnoutBright Member

Yup that seems to be the ticket, call them and don't use the e-mail.

12. photios

photios Member

Soldano = perfection

World class tone + great customer service...imagine this: they actually answer their phone and talk to you as a player...wish everybody would take as much interest in their customers.

13. soldano16

soldano16 Member

+1 on their customer service. I've only asked questions as I've never had a problem with my Atomic 16 and it's 12 years now. And never an issue with my HR50+ either.

The man builds GREAT amps.

I went a little wild recently and put three 1964 Mullards in the the preamp. :D:JAM