1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Props to the guys at Lava Cables!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Guitfiddler, May 18, 2011.

1. Guitfiddler

Guitfiddler Member

I bought a Lava Soar cable back in December. About two weeks ago it started having a slight cosmetic issue that didn't effect the actual performance of the cable.

I emailed Mark at Lava to see if there was a way for me to fix this myself. Instead, he replied that the issue with this line of cables had been fixed and that he would send me a brand new cable to replace mine. I received the new cable less than a week after my initial email.

This level of customer service is outstanding and I feel that it should be recognized.

Thanks again, Mark!

2. Non-Digital Tom

Non-Digital Tom Member

Both Mark and Tony have always been great to deal with.

3. otaypanky

otaypanky Gold Supporting Member

I had the same experience, plugged a new one in last week thanks to Mark.

4. chase1410

chase1410 Member

I've had the same incredible service by Mark...My orange Lava Retro Cable was beginning to crackle and pop..so I let Mark know about it, and already sent out a new one before he sent the replying email....Great guys over there, and I will continue to always use LAVA.

5. peterdjp

peterdjp Member

I have been a customer for a few years now. Nothing but fantastic service and great tone! Whats not to love?

Thanks Lavaman!

6. tonewave

tonewave Member

yep same story here
    had a 10ft v1 soar that started to fray at one end,
    sent me a replacement pronto
    not only that he let me exchange my other 15ft soar v1 to a v2
    I sent him both v1 cables back with a copy of my cd as small token of thanks
    really the best customer service
    if only all music biz people operated this way....

7. Msboy2011

Msboy2011 Member

I may buy all new lava cables now just cause of this thread. I LOVE good customer service. I recommend Apple products to everyone cause of their customer service. So, Lava sounds wonderful to me.

8. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

yep = great people in person, great products, and great customer service!

9. tonejunky

tonejunky Member

I have a couple of ClearConnects coming in the mail. Can't wait to try 'em out!

10. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

I never forget why I have a job. It is because Mark Stoddard actually cares about people and you < and I> are a better people for knowing him. He has an intense passion for his business that is rarely seen. When you bring in his service to our country and his refusal to outsource to pad the bottom line in support of it I would be ashamed to buy cables anywhere else.

I dont know if anyone knows my story but I lost my job 2 years ago. Mark read about it on TGP and called me up and I have been with him ever since. I was a Lava customer from his first year as a business and gigged Lavas years before working here.

I should have started this thread and called it Props to Mark Stoddard.

11. CRAIG4FSU

CRAIG4FSU Whatever... Silver Supporting Member

Great story turtle.

12. 78deluxe

78deluxe Member

The rare combination of Great Products, Service and Price that culminated into one of the best companies in the music business.

Love my Soar....and all the other Lava assembled cables I have.

13. eagle2x

eagle2x Member

+1 re Mark and Lava. What is really cool is that he gives little old me (a non gigging bedroom guitarist) thsame high level of service I am sure he gives those of you that are monster giggers. Great products and service! :agree

14. Grenville

Grenville Member

I was looking for the "like" button when I read this!

15. LavaMan

LavaMan Member

This is one of most touching threads I have read since becoming a member here on TGP. Thanks for all the kind words - they are much, much appreciated.

It comments like these that makes being a part of the music industry so wonderful.

16. zerocharisma

zerocharisma Member

I spent more than I ever imagined for some nice cables last year...and you know, I don't even think twice about questioning what I paid. It was money well spent, and Mark sent my cables quickly and was a pleasure to deal with. That said, I might need to buy some new cables for my new rig soon....:bonk

17. Mick_Braun

Mick_Braun Silver Supporting Member

Love me some Lava. Just gigged Sunday with a new Clear Connect. Also love my Blue Demons. And my Kimber speaker cable from Lava. I think that's it. (For now!)

18. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

Thanks to you and all others for your support!

19. LSchefman

LSchefman Member

Convinced me. Going to buy from Lava henceforth.

I wish I needed something today, but then again, something always comes up and I need cabling. I wonder if Mark would consider doing multipair studio cables?

20. LavaMan

LavaMan Member

We do have a snake request from on our website and I can order bundled Sommer Cable - 4,8,19,12, 16, etc....XLR, TRS, TS and any combination of them.