Props to Waves

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by gtr777, Sep 13, 2018.

1. gtr777

gtr777 Supporting Member

It seems we always see when people are disgruntled with a company but I had a great experience with Waves. My studio iMac took a dump so I am getting a new one up and running. I have a mix of V10 and V9 plugins so it's a little more complicated on the install. When I loaded all my plug ins only a portion of them were showing up in logic and could not figure it out for the life of me. I called tech support at 11:30 PM, had a guy on the phone withing 5 minutes. He took control of my computer and had me up and running in 10 minutes...Great experience!!!

aleclee and BuddyGuit like this.
  2. BuddyGuit

BuddyGuit Supporting Member

Just bought theL2 Ultramaximizer (v10). When I loaded it my other Waves plugins won't authorize (v9.x) in Logic. They where there right before I bought the L2 so what your saying is good to know. I'll call tech support. Thanks!

3. oldhousescott

oldhousescott Silver Supporting Member

Did the install offer to update your other installed products? That's probably what did it.

4. gtr777

gtr777 Supporting Member

You can run V9 and V10 together BUT if you have V9's and then install a V10 plug-in it will erase all your V9 plug-ins (V9 licenses do not work for V10 versions) . You then have to re-install your V9's and run an organiser app from their website. You can not run both a V9 and V10 of the same PI.

@BuddyGuit Check here

https://www.waves.com/support/plugins-do-not-load-after-v10-update

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  5. BuddyGuit

BuddyGuit Supporting Member

Thanks,
    Like you I called tech support gave him control of my computer and he fixed it right away. my error was clicking install and update.

gtr777 likes this.