Sold Protocaster Telecaster - Double Bound

nibus

I know I'll regret letting this one go, but here is a double-bound Protocaster T-style up for sale. I'm downsizing to raise some needed funds.

A little perspective - I bought and sold a Danocaster and kept this instead. It is every bit as good, and in my case I preferred it.

I can't say enough good things about these. Josh shapes his necks by hand, and this one is the perfect rounded '59 profile. It has a satin finish that is just incredible. Fretwork is impeccable and it plays perfectly. Low action, easy bends thanks to medium jumbo frets. This is the finest playing Tele I've owned.

Real clay dot inlays.

This has a very realistic light relic done, but nothing over the top. The rosewood board is super dark, as dark as any I have seen. Looks like ebony from a few feet away.

Tone wise this thing is a monster. It has a little more heft to it. Definitely a Tele that pulls off rock very well. But it also does everything else thanks to a treble bleed circuit and a very interactive volume knob. Very loud and vibrant acoustically. The whole thing vibrates.

Weight: 7 lbs 3 oz
Neck: Rounded C - .87" / .94"
Pickups: Florence Voodoos
4 Way switching
Nut: 1 5/8"
Radius: 9.5"
Frets: Medium jumbo, minimal wear

Ships in an 80's Gibson SG chainsaw case that fits perfectly and could withstand a nuclear apocalypse.

$1750 Shipped via PayPal. These are $2400 new with a wait.

I need to not accept trades right now.

Purchased from @Zen_Guitar originally.

Album:

cFr6c0w.jpg

9Cj1wA8.jpg

6WMQsXe.jpg

6kXbBjC.jpg

ZBZFNhk.jpg

vOHmZyX.jpg

YIEQzHT.jpg

7tOXCJ9.jpg

Last edited:

Zen_Guitar

Platinum Supporting Member
I owned that guitar.....someone is going to be very happy. one of the best necks I have ever played - real clay dots....uber cool.....and the Florence pu's are unreal.

congrats to both of ya !!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom