proud owner of Echoczar #38

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Shon Kornfeld, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Shon Kornfeld

Shon Kornfeld Member

it landed today! what an amazing pedal, well worth the wait and money. my 2290 is going to get jealous. im not good at the long dramatic descriptions, dont care much for em anyway so ill post a pic and some clips real soon. the pedal is everything its cracked up to be, ive been playing it for hours since it got here earlier. if youre into the analog delays as much as i am, this one is a must. more coming soon... :cool:

2. kevin hart

kevin hart Supporting Member

hey shon, i've been trying to decide weather to bite the bullet & order one of them. the wait time is a bit of a drag. if you don't mind my asking, how long did you wait? it does look swet & the clips sound real nice.

3. flicker180

flicker180 Member

thread is worthless without pics.

dave

4. Play by Tone

Play by Tone Member

I amazed its only #38. I know how long ago you got on the list :confused: You did the prepay right?

Well, I'm estimating March before I'll have a shot at one, but I'm sure it'll be nice when its ready. Until then I'm going to be happy with my Memory Lane.

Congrats Shon, let us know what things tweak your knobs :)

5. drolling

drolling Member

Hey, I'm on that list, too. Congratulations Shon! I'm 'making do' w/a Memory Lane for now and would love to hear a shootout between these two. Surely there must be some analog delay junky out there who has both. Long-winded verbal descriptions don't do much for me, either - please post some clips when you can!

6. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

Aw, Man!!! You're totally leaving us hanging.....

I'd like to know too...how long did you wait and how does it compare to the Memory Lane.

Thanks and congrats!

7. Tim Bowen

Tim Bowen Member

Curious as to how one might offset someone else's genuine pleasure in receiving a truly toneful tool, by merely referencing lack of visual stimuli. Then again, I'm a crusty old cynical & jaded cuss, and have always preferred listening to records to watching music videos.

For the record, the pedal in question is one of the most inspiring and useful analog tools currently available, in my humble opinion.

8. flicker180

flicker180 Member

well, i've kept hearing about changes to the unit from the first couple that went out....i listen to the videos/audio at least 1 time per week, have been on the list since july, and well, i want to see the real unit, not some glamour shot of it.

:)

dave

9. Chuck Snider

Chuck Snider Member

#33 here!..(arrived late July).. Amazing isn't it... It gets even better as you "learn" it... I wouldn't sell mine . And I don't think I will be in the market for another delay... Long wait but wow. what a cool device...... Congrats........

10. Shon Kornfeld

Shon Kornfeld Member

OK guys here a modest clip of the Echoczar, NO fancy riffs here, just a couple chords and such, going back and forth between a short and long delay, and hitting the Feedback button for a few seconds at the end of each, youll hear it..

http://www.shon.info/sounds/Echo/ECRiffs1.mp3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

Wow. That is a sweet rig. Can you tell us what you've got in there?

12. Shon Kornfeld

Shon Kornfeld Member

thanks man, the line level post-amp stuff is all TC , the M300 for Reverb, 1210 and 2290. pedals are Keeley modded CE-2, Keeley Comp, EVH P90, MXR Gate, Whammy, Strobostomp... and the ECHOCZAR!!! :dude

all switched with a custom CAE switcher and CAE RS10MKII.

and i have an Echoczar!!!!! :dude :D

13. Play by Tone

Play by Tone Member

Where's the echoczar, pre or post? Cool clip.

14. Shon Kornfeld

Shon Kornfeld Member

good question! it is in the front of the amp in this clip, and for now. i will be trying it in the FX loop at some point, but im really using this for "dirty" delays, which i like analog of course and in the front... the 2290 does the "clean" delays and it is post amp

15. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

This might sound kinda irrelevant but I have an older pic of the Echoczar which has the criss-crossing metal design through the switches. The Powergilde production photos have it on the Toneczar site currently.

I thought that was a really fantastic look. I'm just a wee bit bummed that Ed's not using that design anymore. Ah well, it sure will sound good though.

I wonder why he's not using that box.

16. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

By the way, ShonCAE. When you get a chance, I'd love it if you would post some clips with the cleaner repeat setting.

17. Shon Kornfeld

Shon Kornfeld Member

i think he stopped the cris-cros design because it took too much time, was hard to do, etc. personally i like the current flat look.

are you asking for a clip with an overall cleaner tone? let me know

18. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

If I remember correctly, there is a darker and brighter repeat setting. I'd love to hear a clean guitar with that setting.

Thanks man!!

19. Shon Kornfeld

Shon Kornfeld Member

20. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

Thanks Man!!!! Dig it.