proud owner of the ETERNITY

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by overture2005, Dec 17, 2005.

1. overture2005

overture2005 Member

Just got my ETERNITY from Steve's Music. This is the best od pedal I've heard! It beats my klon IMO. It's so amplike, very warm & natural sounding. The treble boost sounds awesome. The Eternity and the Zendrive is my top two od pedals! The #1 Twin60(COT50 + MOSFET 60 cascaded) with the fireplace coating is on the way. Thank you Sean! A genius!

2. JoyfulNoise

JoyfulNoise Member

I've also been enjoying my COT60 (COT50 + single channel TWIN60 cascaded). Still trying to see if the COT50 is enough gain for my needs, but for now, it's a pleasure to toy with...

3. Garygtr

Garygtr Almost as good! Silver Supporting Member

Congrats on the Eternity....now you have to start experimenting with the chip :D

4. rhmcfarland

rhmcfarland Member

Congrats on your new Eternity.
    Lately, I've been using the hot chip with the treble boost dailed up to about 1 o'clock so I'm getting kind of a George Harrison slide tone. Really cool overdrive, and, like the other guy said, experiment with the different IC's.

5. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Proud owner of TWO Eternitys! :D

6. Jim Martin

Jim Martin Member

I've had my Eternity a week or two and I'm absolutely digging it. Kind of wish I'd gotten a funky paintjob instead of the plain cream - although that's cool too. Does anyone have a Karl? I've been thinking about a fuzz and it really sounds good on the site. Of course, anything Josh plays seems to sound good...

7. Trandy

Trandy Supporting Member

OK...somebody 'fess up to a newbie. What's this "Eternity" OD pedal? Who makes it? :)

8. Last Nerve

9. bullet69

bullet69 Member

the karl pedal is amazing but it is not your normal fuzz it has a little ring mod tone in there. it is great for lead runs. double stops and slides scream.

10. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Zendrive and mos ARE different from eternity. A lot!!! Eternity to me is like a real nice no noise TS 808 with slightly smoother higher gain possibilities, more boost in volume availiable, tone knob with more treble availiable, and tighter bottom end. Also, not quite as much mid hump here also. A very nice pedal indeed. BTW I compared the eternity to my ts-9 modded to 808 with monteallums mods. I could get them to sound VERY similar on a lot of different settings, but the TS was much noisier with the gain knob even at 12:00, and not bearable any higher.

11. stratneck

stratneck Supporting Member

I got my Eternity about a week ago and I looked at the chip inside,
    Only has a #5 in it??? sounds great don't get me wrong, but i would like to experiment w' other chips, I went to mouse.com and order about 5 diferent ones.Has anyone seen this #5???- Any responces wellcome:)

12. Last Nerve

How about some info on what chips people have purchased?
    Mouser part #s?

13. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

For chip talk:
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=113045

I ordered and tried the TL072 and OPA2134PA. In addition to the observations noted in the above link, I found that...
    - The TL072 sounded a lot like the stock unlabled chip... but the gain was slightly less smooth... cleanup a little splitty (a little).
    - The OPA2134PA clears up a touch of the mid congestion (if you think it is) and the pedal sounds a little bit more clear / defined. The dynamics remain the same = good. This is what I'm currently running in mine.

-Ben

14. Garygtr

Garygtr Almost as good! Silver Supporting Member

OK, I just placed an order with Mouser. I ordered:
    TSH22IN (sub for OPA2134PA)
    2 different 4559's, a D and a DD (we'll see which one sounds bigger :p )
    NE5532AP
    TL082BCP
    LM833N

These are all based on suggestions on threads here, except the 4559 which I believe is what's in a Tim/Timmy? We'll see, might take awhile to test all of these fairly (i.e., LOUD)

15. stratneck

stratneck Supporting Member

OK,
    Seems like the TLO72ACN IS VERY POPULAR AROUND HERE,.
    NEXT,TLO82CP---,NJM4558D---NJM5532M---RC4559P--NJM5532D.
    WELL, IS GOING TO TAKE SOMETIME TO TESTEM ALL. BUT FOR A TOTAL OF 3 BUCKS!!, WHO KNOWS!!,MAYBE I"LL FIND SOMETHING.[iDOUBTED]
    SEAN IS THE ONE W" THE MAGIC.:D

16. Last Nerve

The NE5532AP is one I'm interested in.
    Someone else was running their Eternity off it.

17. prsflame

prsflame Member

I've had my Eternity and COT 50 since OCT. These pedals have truly lived up to the hype and then some. Sean was also very nice and accomodating in the several exchanges I had with him via email. :AOK

18. overture2005

overture2005 Member

:) What chip does the Zendrive use?

19. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

The wife made me ditch my Eternity because of all the chicks that would rush the stage to see it.:eek:

20. slowburn

slowburn Supporting Member

(this also goes for others that have both pedals):

if you could only pick one, which one and why? (don't forget to include your setup (single coils / humbuckers into 6v6/el84, etc...)