Providence Anadime or Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by petty1818, Jan 14, 2015.

1. petty1818

petty1818 Member

I started a thread on four chorus pedals that I was interested in quite a while ago but unfortunately the funds were not there so I put it on hold. Anyway, I have some funds now and I have narrowed it down to the Anadime (newest verson) and the Cosmichorus V3. Has anyone compared both of these pedals? Do either have any issues with white noise? Obviously the Cosmichorus has a lot more to offer, I am just hoping that it's not too over the top.

2. hendrix2430

hendrix2430 Member

Never tried the Cosmichorus, but I'm liking the anadime a lot! (newer model with mix knob)

...and I never liked chorus.

It's very simple, intuitive, warm sounding, not "intrusive" in the least, and never completely over the top / unusable even at max settings.

No problem with noise at all.

3. Holzar88

Holzar88 Silver Supporting Member

I have both ... sort of. :)

I have the first version Anadime and a V. 2 Cosmichorus. Honestly, they're both fantastic pedals, and I don't think you can go wrong with either. They're the two best choruses I've had the pleasure of owning.

I haven't had noise issues with either. The Anadime is a really nice, boutique version of the Boss CE-2. It'll do that '80s thing in spades. With the mix knob on the newest version, it'll be even better.

The Cosmichorus can do a lot more. I use it for more subtle chorus than the Anadime. It will do a much slower, more subtle chorus effect than the the Anadime. And then if you want to go crazy with all manner of creative modulation, it'll do that, too. It's definitely the more versatile of the two, but it'll do really subtle, too, if you need it to.

If I had to keep just one, I'd probably keep the Cosmichorus. That said, I have them set up really differently, and they compliment each other nicely. But if pedalboard space is an issue, the nod goes to the Anadime.

They're both brilliant pedals. Don't think you'll wrong with either. Great choices.

4. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

I like both pedals. I currently have the Anadime which is last year's chorus, now replaced with the new version. I modded the chorus so I can use an expression pedal to control the speed, it's a great sounding chorus. You can't go wrong with either one though.

5. petty1818

petty1818 Member

It's definitely a difficult choice. I have considered ordering both and A/Bing them but not many Canadian dealers have a great return policy. It always means extra costs for shipping the pedal that I don't keep back to the store.

The Anadime is definitely a lot easier to dial in and I like the simplicity. However, the Cosmichorus just looks so versatile. I want a chorus that can do Eric Johnson clean tones but also get Paul Simon's Graceland and leslie tones. The Anadime has that 80's Chorus which suits these styles but I am not sure if it will have that Hi-Fi tone that the TC SCF has.

6. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

I also have the SCF and that's been a mainstay on my boards. There are some great choruses that I like/love and the Anadime is one of them. It's worth a try. The newer version as well as the previous Anadime are excellent. Also check out the Valbruch chorus.

7. Bullacake

Bullacake Member

Didn't know there was a newer version of the Anadime. Totally updating what I have now.

8. warren3333

warren3333 Gold Supporting Member

Scott,
    Did you get either in the end mate ?

9. mad mat

mad mat Member

I have the Anadime. It sounds FAT. Not hifi like

10. markschick

markschick Member

Curious on more thoughts about the providence and the scf?