Providence Vitalizer question....

Muse-ic

Silver Supporting Member
Can anyone tell me about the Vitalizer that is in some of the Providence pedals? I just got a Silky Drive with it. Great open-sounding overdrive, but I think it's making my entire rig sound darker, and I would have expected the opposite, if any change at all....???

The-Kid

Pedal Art: Providence Dealer
Vendor
Can anyone tell me about the Vitalizer that is in some of the Providence pedals? I just got a Silky Drive with it. Great open-sounding overdrive, but I think it's making my entire rig sound darker, and I would have expected the opposite, if any change at all....???
The Vitalizer does have an affect on ones signal and changes it to low independence so your going to hear a difference with it in signal.

Vitalizer is used in some but not all Providence Products and the Tuner for example has it built in with an off and on switch. It is also incorporated in a Booster and this product as well.

It is recommended in long cable runs or with anyone who wants to put it in a "trouble spot" on their board to make it more "friendly" and may help pedals work better together in these cases.

Last edited:

The-Kid

Vendor
Right on man.

Thank you for trying one of our products and I hope this helps.

Definitely mess with placement. Adjust to what it may offer and bring to your tone, it may be a learning curve in some cases but the benefits are great when utilized to proper effect.

I hope I was able to help and I hope you enjoy the pedal good sir. Thank you for trying it out.

Further more definitely have an open mind with it and see what it can bring to the table. Please try in different ways.

The Vitalizer tries to minimize coloration but there may still be some in some cases but it tries to minimize it and tries to retain your guitars passive signal that may be lost in long cable runs and using many pedals in some cases. In short if there is any possible degradation in signal it is built for and seeks to rectify that by converting signal to low impedance to help retain your guitars passive signal.

You should hear a change, not drastic but there should be one definitely and this could vary from rig to rig.

It actually slightly boost the signal as well but tries to minimize coloration while again doing its best to retain your guitars passive signal by converting it to low impedance so it helps anything placed after it feel as if your using 10 feet of cable or going from guitar straight into amp with a 10 foot.

There is allot to it as well, as mentioned helping possible signal degradation or placing in "trouble spots" but depending on application and use along with the OD of course there are many possibilities.

Again please try in different ways, try to do new things you may of not thought of before, use it as a standard application as well of course to full effect. Understanding how it works and what it can do may take time and in other cases its an instant solution to some players problems.

I hope this helps and thank you again for trying Providence, "Keep the Sound, Feel it".

Last edited:

DJ_61

Gold Supporting Member
Do not think that having a buffer in your pedal chain is always an improvement.

The-Kid

Vendor
Many times we dont notice possible degradation as we incrementally add more pedals or more cable bit by bit adding to the board and the cable length. While there may be slight coloration keep in mind as well that it seeks to "bring back" any possible tone lost through possible degradation of signal that may of occured so difference in tone you are hearing may be that or a combination of the two.

After a while this possible degradation may become a part of ones sound without even knowing its occuring as these changes occured incrementally in most cases, one pedal or patch at a time.

Aside from other uses this is its main utility. When you put a Vitalizer in chain it seeks to bring back any possible "tone loss" that may have occured from possible degradation by converting a high impedance signal to low impedance as mentioned to try to preserve "natural" passive signal from guitar and do its best to keep your sound most to your original signal. This could be a factor but also keep in mind it does boost signal slightly so there may be slight coloration so it could be one of the two factors or both factors may be playing a difference in your tone when you use it.

YMMV of course and again hope this helps to understand what the Vitalizer does and is meant for.

Last edited:

Trending Topics