PRRI Tilt-back Legs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by steviey, Apr 17, 2016.

1. steviey

steviey Member

Have just bought a set of 14" Fender tilt-back legs for my Printon Reverb reissue. Has anyone done this mod before on this amp? If so, could they share their measurements for drilling holes / positioning the screws? There are good articles for doing this to the Blues Junior but I can't seem to find anything for the PRRI.

THANKS!

2. dB

dB Member

I did it on a Swart AST, which is approx the same height as a PR. It was a huge improvement sound-wise. I don't recall exactly how I positioned them, but I used my Super Reverb as a reference for placement.

My guess is that looking at the side of the cab, if you divide the amp into quarters vertically, the screw for the legs is about at 1/4 and the button/stop is about at 1/2. Height wise, maybe have them 1-1/2" from the floor when in the closed position.

3. steviey

steviey Member

Thanks dB, that's useful. Any tips on how far in from the back of the cab to drill? Could the screws ever interfere with the chassis?

Anyone else done this?

4. swiveltung

swiveltung Member

I cant give you specifics, but keep in mind for vertical placement of the screw, you need to determine how far back you prefer to tilt. Also, be sure to install the little buttons that the legs rest against when the leg is tilted. Without those the amp can fall right back on its back.
    -On my Princeton Rev Clone cab, the leg screw is 2.5" from the back edge of the cabinet. The leg bottom edge is only 1/2" off the floor.
    -On my Super Reverb the leg screw is 2 3/8" from the back edge of the cab, and leg bottom edge pretty far off the floor, maybe an inch+.

5. johnkoz

johnkoz Supporting Member

6. steviey

steviey Member

Ok all, thanks. Have successfully installed. @jonkoz, I'd found that video already, but that is a different amp from mine, so I was looking for more specific measurements.

I went with about 10cm from the top of the amp and about 6 to 6.5 cm in from the back for the legs. The stop button is positioned so that the amp tilts about 40 degrees. Any less of a tilt and the amp seemed like it was in danger of falling back down to regular standing position if someone bumped into it.

I removed the chassis to perform the work, but with these measurements, you wouldn't need to.

Hope this is useful to anyone else.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    Medronio likes this.