PRS CE24 with GHOST Piezo Video content

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Moltisanti, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Moltisanti

Moltisanti Member

So a while back I bought a CE24 with the intention of adding a GRAPHTECH GHOST Piezo system. I finally got round to doing it a few weeks back and have just got round to making a video.

I went for the stealthiest install I could, so externally the guitar looks identical to a normal CE24 except for the black saddles. Watch the vid to see how I wired the switching with a Seymour Duncan triple shot pickup ring.

I've seen lots of clips of piezos through guitar amps, my video splits the signal and sends the piezo to a mixing desk and the magnetic signal to my Rockerverb 50. This is how I would use this in a live situation.

Anyway I hope it shows the true sound of the Graphtech Piezo and how to turn your solidbody PRS into an acoustic [​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZLOs23Vx6o

2. _pete_

_pete_ Supporting Member

Very nice!
    I did essentially the same thing on my CE24.
    The differences are that I added a volume pot for the piezo and 2 separate output jacks. I run wireless so I have one transmitter on the strap for the piezo and another on my belt for the magnetic pups. I have the jacks wired so the battery is switched on when I plug in the transmitter for the magnetics. The piezo transmitter stays plugged in but won't drain the battery that way.
    For switching, the piezo signal is routed to a MIDI patchbay so I program the presets that I use the peizo and control it from a Ground Control Pro. I can switch the piezo in and out where I need it and never have to take my hands off the guitar. I have a Les Paul set up the same way.
    I ran the wires from the saddles exactly as you did.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. touji

touji Member

Sounds sweet! Stock PRS pickups?

4. Help!I'maRock!

Help!I'maRock! Member

5. azn_hobo

azn_hobo Member

very brilliantly done. you've made me want to do this with my PRS now. however, i happen to have a 4-knob Singlecut model, with splittable humbuckers via push-pull tone pots. i see from your video that your CE24 also has a push-pull pot, but would i still be able to use the triple shot for my setup?