PRS chose death instead of being desecrated by speedmetal

Zado

No way that's Speed Metal in my book. Or any other books.

Also, to me it doesn't really like the wood split or anything, more like the thing unglued.

Rare photograph of someone clicking Post Thread to post a video where someone looks happy playing guitar while TGPers prepare to respond.

1656607499188.png

bonga

Silver Supporting Member
In all seriousness, is this usual? I understand of course that 99.99% humans would never do that to a guitar, but I'm legit curious about construction technique and if there's a way that guitar was built which caused the neck and body to separate like that.

Let me elaborate - for the longest time, I've heard every single luthier say that glue joints are stronger that wood. (I might be paraphrasing). Hence, the likelihood of you breaking a headstock is higher than just separating the neck from the body. Case in point, Gibson headstocks. Of course, if the guitar has a scarf joint at the headstock, it's a different story.

The reason for me asking this isn't to question the construction techniques or build quality of PRS guitars, i own one and it's amazing. However, i really would like to know what caused this.

GT1-Reach

Silver Supporting Member
In all seriousness, is this usual? I understand of course that 99.99% humans would never do that to a guitar, but I'm legit curious about construction technique and if there's a way that guitar was built which caused the neck and body to separate like that.

Let me elaborate - for the longest time, I've heard every single luthier say that glue joints are stronger that wood. (I might be paraphrasing). Hence, the likelihood of you breaking a headstock is higher than just separating the neck from the body. Case in point, Gibson headstocks. Of course, if the guitar has a scarf joint at the headstock, it's a different story.

The reason for me asking this isn't to question the construction techniques or build quality of PRS guitars, i own one and it's amazing. However, i really would like to know what caused this.
I hear that too all the time, everytime i think "don't underestimate the power of bolts".

I mean, if you heat glue up, it gets "looser". Not so much with bolts.

Top Bottom