PRS CU24 in Jan. Guitar World

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by NateFreezy, Dec 18, 2009.

1. NateFreezy

NateFreezy Member

Hi, can anyone tell me what the top/ finish is on the Custom 24 on pages 12 and 32 (the one on the right on 12 and left on 32)? Looks amazing, minus the floyd.

I want one! :)

2. NateFreezy

NateFreezy Member

Oh, and why would someone want a floyd rose instead of the PRS tremolo?

3. NateFreezy

NateFreezy Member

... somebody knows... (and can you get a floyd w/ a PRS not private stock?)...

4. Corinthian

Corinthian Member

Would help if you could post a picture...

5. Bleak

Bleak Member

You can't get a Floyd on a non-Private Stock PRS. They're releasing a new SE model (The "Torero") with a Floyd, though, if that's something you're in to.

The Floyd is just a different trem. Some may like the feel of the bridge under their hand. That guitar player may have needed more room to change the pitch of the notes (it has a farther range than the PRS for pitch changing). The trem arm sits a little bit higher on the floyd too, which some people may prefer.

I own both, and tend to prefer the floyd.

Is this the guitar you're talking about? I don't have that magazine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. uberpict

uberpict Member

That's an artist relations guitar, IIRC, for Dusty of Between the Buried and Me (pictured). It's not a production PRS for sure. Tom works on all BTBAM's guitars, when they aren't on tour, and they have some other really nice PRSi that I've seen.

7. NateFreezy

NateFreezy Member

yes, that's it! thanks for the post and pictures.

hmm, so you couldn't get this guitar, or just not with the floyd? what is IIRC?

8. uberpict

uberpict Member

If I remember correctly (IIRC), that's an artist relations guitar specially made for Dusty. PRS artist relations guitars are different than regular production or private stock. If you've got a record contract and on tour you could get at artist relations PRS but I'm not sure of the details.

There is a new PRS SE model coming out with a Floyd Rose trem but the Custom 24 only comes with the standard PRS trem. The color on that guitar looks like Tiger Eye which isn't offered on regular production PRS either. You could order a Private Stock PRS exactly like that one but it's going to cost in excess of $7000.