PRS Custom 24 10 top Artist toggle switch mod

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by AXEnGEAR4J, Jan 20, 2015.

1. AXEnGEAR4J

AXEnGEAR4J Supporting Member

Looking to be pointed the correct direction and parts to modify my 5 way rotary to toggle switch.

Is it also desirable to do the push pull coil tap too?

2. Wedge

Wedge Supporting Member

3. Jags

Jags Member

I installed that kit on a PRS CU24 25th Anniversary I had. I actually found it to be quite a daunting task. The wires from the rotary are very small but as long as you have a steady hand and you're good with soldering that part isn't too bad. You do however need to enlarge the hole in the body where the rotary switch was to allow the toggle to be fitted.

I did mine by running a scalpel around the edge of the hole first just to stop any finish from chipping out further than the size of the new hole. I then reaming it out with a small round file working very slowly and only pushing towards the finish from the front of the guitar. It's not for the faint hearted though so it might be something you want to have done by a tech.

I did find it to be a huge improvement in usability over the rotary although you do lose some of the sound options that the rotary offers even with the push pull acting as a coil split. I sold the guitar in the end because I couldn't get on with the trem system.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  4. AXEnGEAR4J

AXEnGEAR4J Supporting Member

Hey thanks, great info!

I'm pretty mechanically inclined but sometimes those small things can be a bugger for sure. I know exactly what you mean about the trem system...I also play JEMS and UV's with the Floyd Rose and really should find a PRS with a Floyd...