PRS DGT Owners - How do you like 'em?

Mike Duncan

Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Well, yes. Non-10 and no birds, it's $2350. That's what I paid seven months ago. Could be more after NAMM.

razzarello

FYI. This guitar looked great at Namm. According to one of the reps, McC's will not have trems, just the DGT. Apparently there's a story that Ted did not want a trem on his guitar, so they discontinued them after a very short production run back in '94.

Phil M

Supporting Member
There was a nice goldtop McCarty trem that someone sold here a few months ago. That was the one to get.

DavidE

FYI. This guitar looked great at Namm. According to one of the reps, McC's will not have trems, just the DGT. Apparently there's a story that Ted did not want a trem on his guitar, so they discontinued them after a very short production run back in '94.

I've seen some '07 McTrems for sale (new and used) in the last week.

02Singlecut

Thanks for the info. I have seen them now. Weird, my guy must have given me wrong info.
They were never offered as a production run guitar. Back in the 90's some savvy dealers checked the right box on the order form and where able to get McTrems. Very few were made before PRS pulled that plug. There was a limited run of these guitars that were made available by PRS last year.And there are a few remaining at PRS dealers. I just sold a McSoap Trem that was 1 of 13 known made. I have a 93 Proto-type McTrem.....
It's about a good as it gets!!!! :AOK

razzarello

I thought the same thing, however there is a 2007 model on Levins site right now, and I saw a couple of other sites advertising them as well. PRS' site does not list it as an option. I've left a message to sort this out....You've got a cool rare piece there!

02Singlecut

See where the other went????? You can tell the proto-types from the savvy dealers ordered ones by the tuners....Proto's have non locking Kluson style and the lucky few have regular PRS locking tuners !!!!

BBQLS1

They were never offered as a production run guitar. Back in the 90's some savvy dealers checked the right box on the order form and where able to get McTrems. Very few were made before PRS pulled that plug. There was a limited run of these guitars that were made available by PRS last year.And there are a few remaining at PRS dealers. I just sold a McSoap Trem that was 1 of 13 known made. I have a 93 Proto-type McTrem.....
It's about a good as it gets!!!! :AOK

I think Willcutts had ordered a bunch. They seem to always have some.

Trending Topics