PRS DGT Tone Test

thewhit

Silver Supporting Member
That's why my DGT is #1.

I remember being amazed hearing the first playback of a band rehearsal I was involved in.....particularly with all the textures and grit ( when needed) that came out during the session. It also sat excellently in the mix with the right amount of projection..

mikefair

great tone
Thanks much, Julio Iguana! This started out with a drummer friend and me trading files to learn our recording gear. I took a couple of passes at it and when I played it back I thought, that's awfully close to the guitar sound I've been chasing for about as long as I knew I was chasing one. There's some raspiness in there in places that I have to blame on my playing, not the gear. :)

mikefair

I like that statement as I can relate. I heard playback and the wheels were turning. How can I duplicate that sound? Thanks for the reply.
I think it helps to start by knowing what you're shooting for. I'm inspired by the guitar tones of Mayall era Clapton, Leslie West, Waddy Wachtel, Wishbone Ash. This has elements of those, I think, but doesn't copy any of them exactly. Mahogany body, maple cap, humbuckers on the hotter end of PAFs. Does the Strat style trem on the DGT effect the tone? My guess is it does, but I can't say for certain.

On the amp, dial up the mids and back the bass pretty far off. You want enough gain to make it sing, but you're certainly nowhere near metal territory. Good luck in your search.

Trending Topics