PRS Dragon Double Neck ???

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by khud, Jun 19, 2005.

1. khud

khud Member

A friend sent me this picture and it blew me away. I have NEVER seen one of these. He says a limited run of 25 pieces were made. Not sure what year. Does anyone have any information on these?

Does anyone HAVE one??

[​IMG]

2. JMintzer

JMintzer Burned Out Mod

This was shown at the Winter NAMM. Your friend was correct about the #25 being made. IIRC, they were all sold out (ordered by dealers). I think that the list price was $40K. I haven't seen any for sale (not that I'd drop that kinda' jack on a guitar...)

Jamie

3. VegasGreg

VegasGreg Member

Actually, from what I was told at January NAMM, they made 40 of them for the US, 20 for overseas.

$40,000 list apiece.

I was also told they sold out at NAMM.

I have some closeups of the inlay work, I thought it was simply spectacular.

Here's some of my NAMM pics...The first 3 or so are the Dragon:

http://www.hamermuseum.com/NAMM2005/NAMMpics8.html

4. DrPCR

DrPCR Member

I've played one, my friend owns one and its awesome. I never thought I would really want a PRS double neck. But its really an amazing guitar. The dragon inlay is a bonus.

I really don't know if I would buy this over a PS double neck.

I loved the 12 string on it so much, I bought a PRS 12 string, and I can't believe how good the cu22/12 is. I think PRS hit a homerun with the cu22/12.

5. MATH YOU

MATH YOU Member

6. fullerplast

fullerplast Senior Member

Rudy's in NYC had one sitting in the window not too long ago. Stunning to see, but pretty much for collectors only.

7. 1959burst

1959burst boogieman Silver Supporting Member

8. ABKB

ABKB Member

Awsome guitar to be sure. But $40,000 for a guitar that you couldnt play out? Or would be even scared to take out of the case? Not for me man. I want a double neck so bad I can taste it, but even if I had the money, I would buy something I could actually use. Nothin wrong with somebody who might want this thing, but too rich for my blood.

9. Badfinger

Badfinger Member

I think if you could afford a $40k guitar, you could afford to play it out (assuming you play out). Its like driving a Ferrari in traffic!

10. Motorhed

Motorhed Member

i've got a thing for dragons so i absolutly love that!!!! if i had 40 grand to blow, i'd do it but that'll never happen.

11. ABKB

ABKB Member

I hear ya Badfinger (btw, one of my favorite all time groups), I just couldnt bring myself to do it, with a Ferrari or a 40k guitar. And yeah, I do play out, but wouldnt bring a 40k guitar to any gig. Without some bodyguards anyway :D