PRS Experience 2014 Cancelled

rjsc5

I hate to be the bearer of bad news; however PRS announced today that the Experience has been cancelled for 2014. Paul noted that there will be some sort of celebration for their 30th anniversary. No further details at this time. Bummer!

Mpcoluv

That's odd.
I thought the experience events were successful promotional vehicles for PRS.
Am I wrong?

Whitecat

I suspect if they're doing a blowout 30th anniversary event it makes sense to spend more money on that... they'll get people extra excited for it by taking a year off the traditional 'Experience.'

jetydosa

Saw this yesterday and me and my buds are sad...Ive been twice and it is a great great time.

That said, we are looking forward to the 30th Anniv throwdown. Sounds like multiple events across the country and maybe one big one in MD.

Droptop

Gold Supporting Member
These events are very expensive to run. Last year they didn't pull the talent that they usually get at these. Corporate pressure to cut costs probably led to this. I've been attending for 5 years. Shame.

I'm an impoverished middle-ager, and I'm still a bit disappointment.

Although I'm mostly partial to Fenders, old Schecters, and Kubickis, I've always admired PRS, and attented all of the Experience events, since the first one, in 2007.

I had wondered how long they could continue to put on these events, as I'm sure that all of that attendance doesn't necessarily translate into a huge increase in sales.
Good will, though, was generated, in abundance.
They spared no expense, and were amazingly hospitable hosts.

Glad that I got to tour the factory so many times, while having great conversations with so many friendly, dedicated employees and endorsing pro players.
No shortage of great live music, either.

Looking forward to the Thirtieth Anniversary event, then!

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
As a co-creator (along w/others here) of the original 2000 PRS Forum Event that led to the Experience PRS events like the Broadcaster led to the Telecaster, I can say truthfully those were the good old days.

Trego

As a co-creator (along w/others here) of the original 2000 PRS Forum Event that led to the Experience PRS events like the Broadcaster led to the Telecaster, I can say truthfully those were the good old days.
Are you saying that what we have now pales in comparison?

Taller

Gold Supporting Member
Are you saying that what we have now pales in comparison?
Having been to 2 of the original PRS Forum events, and having only looked at photos of the recent PRS Events, I think what Jon is saying is that the old ones were much more intimate, making them a little more special for those of us lucky enough to have attended.
I think it's great that the events have grown - including a roster of 'name' players showing their love for PRSs, but 'in the old days' there was just something special about the smallness of the event.