PRS Gigbag

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Jeffj, May 6, 2008.

1. Jeffj

Jeffj Supporting Member

Anyone use a gigbag to haul their PRS? The thought of it scares me, but I notice some people do it (Grissom is one I have seen).....If so, what bag works well for a PRS? I haul my tele & tele baritone in a ProBag double bag & have no worries. However, with the pitched headstock I am very concerned & wondered if there is a gigbag more suited for a PRS. Is the PRS gigbag a nice one?

2. IIIBOOMERIII

IIIBOOMERIII Member

The PRS bag is really nice and thickly padded as well as the use of heavy cordura.
    Now mind you I haul my PRS in the front seat, it is not in the back of a van or truck.
    As long as there is not a danger of other equipment falling on it or it getting knocked
    around, using a gig bag is actually NICE. I like having it strapped on my shoulder. I
    can haul my rig in one trip from the car: gig bag on my shoulder, rack in one hand,
    1-12 speaker cab in the other hand and I am good to go.

3. dave s

dave s Member

The PRS gig-bag is about as good as they come. Nicest, best quality 'standard-issue' bag you'll find.

I recently got a Levy's double that hauls a couple of CS strats to and from every gig. Gig bags do not scare me at all. They make WAY more sense (anymore) than hauling around several large hardshell cases.

dave

4. Jeffj

Jeffj Supporting Member

Does the PRS bag differ from most other bags in that it "compensates" for the headstock angle? Or is it just like any other gigbag?

5. MuseCafeChris

MuseCafeChris Senior Member

I put my PRS in the top/front compartment of a double bag. It's a bolt on, but I've also put a set-neck Hamer in there, also with no worries.

6. IIIBOOMERIII

IIIBOOMERIII Member

Ya I have a Levy that came with my Parker and it is VERY nice.

The bags do not compensate. At least none of mine do.

7. GuitaRasmus

GuitaRasmus Member

I've played about 400 gigs the past 4-5 years, used a gigbag 95% of the time, and never had a problem. I bring my two Prsi (Ce24 and McCarty) everywhere, and I wouldn't dream of using the super heavy cases, unless I had to.
    I use a good quality RockCase gigbag, but I've also used cheap gig bags lots of times - You just have to be careful, and not bang it into stuff.

8. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

I use Incase stuff all the time and I prefer carry them around then heavy bulky hard shell cases.

I have the older discontinued Tour Bag and the Dub Bag which holds two guitars.

9. lukeness

lukeness Member

Don't know about the PRS bags, but the Incase bags do compensate for the neck angles. They are by far the best gig bags that are mass produced. But being the best comes at a price.... At $200 they cost more than most hard cases.

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/slim-bag-cl56065

10. j_m_s

j_m_s Member

My brother takes his about in a Levy's gig bag.

The PRS gig-bags you guys are talking about, is it the PRS SE bag?

11. Colt

Colt Member

I use an all leather Levy's bag....I carried my rosewood McCarty in in for years (before I sold the McCarty last summer.. :-( )

12. HMCMedic

HMCMedic Active Member

I use my PRS Se gig bag all the time for all my guitars. It's a great bag.

13. utterhack

utterhack Member

Not quite ;)

The G&L and Parker gig bags are made by the same supplier and feature the same construction (though each version has individual detail tweaks). I agree though - best non-InCase gig bag evar.