PRS H Combo vs Bogner Duende 6L6

radiohead

Hey guys.. has anyone had the pleasure of owning or playing both? I own the Bogner Duende 30, and was wondering how it compares to the PRS H, since they are both 6L6. I'm really diggin the tones I'm hearing from clips of the H, but haven't had a chance to try it out in person. What I love the most about the Duende is the tremolo, but sometimes I wish the gain channel had more on tap. The PRS seems to sound more aggresive on this part. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
:beer

EdMan57

Trying to get any forum feedback on the PRS 2-Channel amps has been a problem.I recently started a thread about the 2-Channel H with no luck.Being that many Guitar Center's stocks PRS amps,I would have wagered a guess that someone on TGP would have stumbled upon the amp in question.Btw,I really dig this short clip of the 2-Channel H.

Ed

radiohead

yup! that's the same clip that piqued my interest as well.. love those tones! i wonder why not a lot of people are interested in these?

EdMan57

yup! that's the same clip that piqued my interest as well.. love those tones! i wonder why not a lot of people are interested in these?

I dunno.Maybe the higher gain tones are a bit much for the mostly vintage minded TGP crowd?

:sarcasm

Ed

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
these amps sound really, really good to me, too.....
although, they sound slightly overfiltered for my tastes,
especially noticeable to me @ the higher-gain settings presented on YT:
a bit "neat", a bit "polite", though it still shows some "bite".
personally, i'd love to hear someone raging on one of these amps!

(¿maybe it sounds a bit bass-shy, too? i almost never tune up to "E".)

still, i'd love to try one, especially the "H"-series.

dt / spltrcl

EDIT:
ah!
just heard the "C" amp, and much prefer it.

Last edited:

Trending Topics