PRS Has Been Reading My Mind

Redbell

I've owned many PRS over the last ten years or so, but they all went away when I fell under the spell of Strat/Tele style guitars.

I picked up a PRS David Grissom a couple of weeks ago in a trade & I rediscovered how fantastic a PRs can be, really just top notch in every respect.

So, I've been reaquaniting myself with the PRS lince & been pleasantly surpized with the Starla, Korina & mira guitars - very cool!
I open up the e-mail this morining & find that they have been using their psychic spies to develop this very interesting guitar.
I might have to break my "no guitars in 2010" resolution.

http://www.prsguitars.com/25thswampashspecialnf/index.html

dspellman

I'm okay with the PRS line, but I want one of these (yeah, it's an LP doublecut shape, but that doesn't matter much):

This guitar has the Variax 500 components built in, uses a set of Graphtech saddles to run the Variax stuff *and* to output to MIDI/synth gear via a 13-pin and still has amazing power from the magnetic pickups.

Wish PRS would extend themselves just a bit. Their other stuff is interesting, but seems just too much like the "PRS version" of other existing guitars.

doralin

I'm okay with the PRS line, but I want one of these (yeah, it's an LP doublecut shape, but that doesn't matter much):

This guitar has the Variax 500 components built in, uses a set of Graphtech saddles to run the Variax stuff *and* to output to MIDI/synth gear via a 13-pin and still has amazing power from the magnetic pickups.

Wish PRS would extend themselves just a bit. Their other stuff is interesting, but seems just too much like the "PRS version" of other existing guitars.
Hmm, and what guitar might this be? Pray tell

robelinda2

Well I was never a fan of PRS until a found a DGT, its so good I just had to take a punt on a few other PRS guitars, the quality and tones are amazing. Got a Hiland and a 305 and i'm hooked.

blhm84

It's funny to see how people who weren't big fans of the "old" PRS line are coming out in droves now, with all these new models in the last five years. I think a lot of people weren't crazy about the smoother, more singing (compared to Gibson) tone of the standard PRS models, and the grittier tones the new models get appeals to a wider audience. Its nice to see executives of guitar companies that don't have their heads up their asses (cough cough, Gibson).

treeofpain

Gold Supporting Member

Very cool, but in reality there are not very many guys looking for variax electronics or midi out. Definitely a niche product.

dspellman

Very cool, but in reality there are not very many guys looking for variax electronics or midi out. Definitely a niche product.
Agreed. OTOH, probably a slightly growing product direction, given indications like the proliferation of Carvin models with 13-pin MIDI control electronics, the movement of Gibson toward electronics-heavy models (the Dork Fire and the Dust Tiger) and the general move toward modeling and computer recording.

David Garner

Platinum Supporting Member
Well I was never a fan of PRS until a found a DGT, its so good I just had to take a punt on a few other PRS guitars, the quality and tones are amazing. Got a Hiland and a 305 and i'm hooked.
I wasn't really a fan but I wasn't NOT a fan, either. But my story is pretty much like yours. Played some McCarty's, not that impressed. Looking for a Les Paul and stumbled on the DGT. WOW!!! What a great guitar!

I thought about a Hiland and a 305 but I really like Fenders, so I have a Tele and a Strat in addition to the DGT. But I'm not really pining for a Les Paul anymore. There might be one or another out there for roughly even money that would make me sell the DGT, but I haven't found one yet. The DGT is such a great player's guitar in every respect.

Trending Topics