PRS has new model updates on its site! Some cool Axes and a Thinline!

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
The SE Mike Mushok Baritone guitar has an ebony fretboard, but they won't offer it on their US guitars as an option? *shakes head*. That singlecut hollobody's quite the looker though!

-Austin

The SE Mike Mushok Baritone guitar has an ebony fretboard, but they won't offer it on their US guitars as an option? *shakes head*. That singlecut hollobody's quite the looker though!

-Austin
Yes, actually. Ebony is now an option for all PRS guitars that had an artist pack available for them. Ebony is replacing braz in the AP's.

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, actually. Ebony is now an option for all PRS guitars that had an artist pack available for them. Ebony is replacing braz in the AP's.
Yeah I know, but I wish they were available as a regular option on all guitars (other than the ebony board, the other aspects of the Artist Pack are actually negatives for me and the guitar I would be interested in doesn't have the Artist Pack availabe) and from what I understand, they aren't using "real" ebony, they're using macassar ebony. Anyway, not a big deal, just an observation.

-Austin

schmit

I think they should offer a regular/standard neck carve on ALL their guitars.....not just the Custom/Standard 24

Serious Poo

Powered by Coffee
Platinum Supporting Member
Only 200 SCJ's will be available.........
FYI - Per the PRS website, it's 300.

PRS Guitars’ Largest Hollowbody – The New SCJ Thinline PRS is now offering a 300 piece run of a large, full-scale hollowbody guitar. Previously, the SCJ Thinline was only produced in small quantities inside the Private Stock department. This newly offered, limited run model will feature two different bridge/tailpiece setups, a custom-made Bigsby, as well as a PRS designed ebony/curly maple unit. The model also features a select grade maple top and back, mahogany middle and neck, and a Makassar ebony fingerboard/headstock veneer with gold mother of pearl birds and signature.

Joe Knaggs said, “PRS is known for limited runs but not limited runs of large, full-scale hollowbodies. It’s truly something different for PRS, and it is exciting to see the model grow from its Private Stock beginnings into a limited run model.”

Bussman

The Singlecut Hollowbody would be interesting, but the toggle switch and the controls are in the wrong place. The guy who designed it needs to take (or retake) ergonomics 101.

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Gold Supporting Member
Perhaps you can give PRS a call and offer your services to Paul Smith as a consultant. The man obviously knows little about ergodynamics and would benefit from your superior skills in this area.

Bussman

Perhaps you can give PRS a call and offer your services to Paul Smith as a consultant. The man obviously knows little about ergodynamics and would benefit from your superior skills in this area.
I like the control position on some of his other models, but not this particular one. Every guitar company has a model that misses the mark on some level for some people. I actually like the shape of his single cuts and have been looking at them seriously for a while. The control configuration on this one is not great though. I was being sarcastic about the ergonomics 101 since these guitars have obviously been designed with better ergonomics in mind but the controls on this one seem like an afterthought.

FWIW, PRS will continue to sell guitars just fine whether I like them or not and with or without the help of my so called "expertise". Hahaha...

BBQLS1

FYI - Per the PRS website, it's 300.

PRS Guitars’ Largest Hollowbody – The New SCJ Thinline PRS is now offering a 300 piece run of a large, full-scale hollowbody guitar. Previously, the SCJ Thinline was only produced in small quantities inside the Private Stock department. This newly offered, limited run model will feature two different bridge/tailpiece setups, a custom-made Bigsby, as well as a PRS designed ebony/curly maple unit. The model also features a select grade maple top and back, mahogany middle and neck, and a Makassar ebony fingerboard/headstock veneer with gold mother of pearl birds and signature.

Joe Knaggs said, “PRS is known for limited runs but not limited runs of large, full-scale hollowbodies. It’s truly something different for PRS, and it is exciting to see the model grow from its Private Stock beginnings into a limited run model.”

It'll be a good way for the company to grow. They are just testing the waters I bet.

Trending Topics