PRS has new model updates on its site! Some cool Axes and a Thinline!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by BBQLS1, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

I like that Thinline!

2. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

The SE Mike Mushok Baritone guitar has an ebony fretboard, but they won't offer it on their US guitars as an option? *shakes head*. That singlecut hollobody's quite the looker though!

-Austin

3. PFCG

PFCG Member

4. brazilianguy

brazilianguy Member

Nice!

A double cutway of taht thinline would be killer too.

5. JimmyR

JimmyR Member

Wow! That thinline looks cool! Now why do I suspect I can't afford it??

6. The Last Rebel

The Last Rebel Member

Yes, actually. Ebony is now an option for all PRS guitars that had an artist pack available for them. Ebony is replacing braz in the AP's.

7. The Last Rebel

The Last Rebel Member

Sign me up for that Alder! The perfect mate for my Standard.

8. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

Yeah I know, but I wish they were available as a regular option on all guitars (other than the ebony board, the other aspects of the Artist Pack are actually negatives for me and the guitar I would be interested in doesn't have the Artist Pack availabe) and from what I understand, they aren't using "real" ebony, they're using macassar ebony. Anyway, not a big deal, just an observation.

-Austin

9. Jason_86_951

Jason_86_951 Supporting Member

Oh ya!
    I am SO buying one of these.
    [​IMG]

10. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Cool! Going to NAMM Show tomorrow got to check PRS Booth.

11. BBQLS1

BBQLS1 Member

:( :NUTS

12. schmit

schmit Member

I think they should offer a regular/standard neck carve on ALL their guitars.....not just the Custom/Standard 24

13. Serious Poo

Serious Poo Armchair Rocket Scientist Graffiti Existentialist Gold Supporting Member

FYI - Per the PRS website, it's 300.

PRS Guitars’ Largest Hollowbody – The New SCJ Thinline PRS is now offering a 300 piece run of a large, full-scale hollowbody guitar. Previously, the SCJ Thinline was only produced in small quantities inside the Private Stock department. This newly offered, limited run model will feature two different bridge/tailpiece setups, a custom-made Bigsby, as well as a PRS designed ebony/curly maple unit. The model also features a select grade maple top and back, mahogany middle and neck, and a Makassar ebony fingerboard/headstock veneer with gold mother of pearl birds and signature.

Joe Knaggs said, “PRS is known for limited runs but not limited runs of large, full-scale hollowbodies. It’s truly something different for PRS, and it is exciting to see the model grow from its Private Stock beginnings into a limited run model.”

14. Bussman

Bussman Member

The Singlecut Hollowbody would be interesting, but the toggle switch and the controls are in the wrong place. The guy who designed it needs to take (or retake) ergonomics 101.

15. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

Perhaps you can give PRS a call and offer your services to Paul Smith as a consultant. The man obviously knows little about ergodynamics and would benefit from your superior skills in this area.

16. Serious Poo

Serious Poo Armchair Rocket Scientist Graffiti Existentialist Gold Supporting Member

+1 Well played. ;)

17. Bussman

Bussman Member

I like the control position on some of his other models, but not this particular one. Every guitar company has a model that misses the mark on some level for some people. I actually like the shape of his single cuts and have been looking at them seriously for a while. The control configuration on this one is not great though. I was being sarcastic about the ergonomics 101 since these guitars have obviously been designed with better ergonomics in mind but the controls on this one seem like an afterthought.

FWIW, PRS will continue to sell guitars just fine whether I like them or not and with or without the help of my so called "expertise". Hahaha...

18. BBQLS1

BBQLS1 Member

It'll be a good way for the company to grow. They are just testing the waters I bet.