• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

PRS into a Mesa Dual & Mini Rectifier (nu metal sound...)

Guitarjon

Hey guys,

I got my beautiful PRS SC58 last week. I traded my Ibanez RGT320Z for it and I'm super stoked about it but that's another story. So when I think of PRS I tend to think of bands from the late 90s and early 2000s, you know, those 'nu metal' bands like Incubus, Limp Bizkit, Sevendust etc. So I really wanted to see how close I could get to that iconic tone with my Dual Rectifier and the PRS.

The PRS has the 57/08 pickups, which are basically very vintage voiced pickups. They sound like old PAF's supposedly but they work very well for modern styles as well luckily.

I ran that guitar through my Dual Rectifier and that sounded really nice but since I also own a Mini Rectifier I thought I needed to try that as well. And while I was at it, why not also do a comparison between the Dual Recto and Mini Recto? So I snuck that in as well. I think both amps sound really nice here but I would love to know your thoughts as well!

Here's the vid:

The new PRS sounds immense, mate, and you know I appreciate anybody who loves the Mini Rectifier and Dual Recto-Verb, which are my favorite versions of the Recto so far. The thicker mids and spongy, lively feel of those EL-84-driven Rectifiers are just perfect.

Out of curiosity, do you still have that blue and white Ibanez Prestige you used for a lot of lead tones in your older videos? Everything you do is great, but that particular Ibanez was always stunning, and I've been trying to remember exactly what model it was to look for one myself.

Raymond Lin

This video came up on my YouTube suggestion and I thought....I recognise that guitar...ha! Nice PRS and playing. That is some wall of amps you have there!

Trending Topics