• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

PRS is making guitars

PRS makes guitars

• Agree

Votes: 126 52.5%
  • Disagree

Votes: 32 13.3%
  • Other

Votes: 82 34.2%

• Total voters

BigDoug1053

Gold Supporting Member
They are wonderfully built guitars. I do not understand why there is so much spleen vented against them. My first wife had one of the first CU22s with a "10 top" and it was a cool guitar. Had we not divorced, I could have easily taken over playing it when she lost interest in playing, but such is life.

Ditto with Gibson. They are very high quality guitars, and I have had a dozen over the years and currently have 7 of them - and all have been great quality instruments - though I have not bonded with all of them. NO headstock breaks on any of my Gibsons or Gretsches. The histeria is analagous to Nikon camera photographers complaining that they break when dropped - which you do not see on the photo forums (or do you?).

My theory, fancy wood (like on PRS) is put down by players who can't afford them, and those who spend what it now costs to have a made in USA guitar that keeps its value over time (or loses less than straight line depreciation) are outraged at minor quality issues that I would mostly overlook or live with (such as slight finish oversprays, or fret sprout - which occurs on many instruments in Colorado).

If you don't like Gibson or PRS guitars, you don't have to buy them, and you don't have to post complainty negative posts on other TGP members' NGD posts.

Hey guys and gals - we all love to play and love gear. Let everyone enjoy what they love and don't rain on other's parades...

They are wonderfully built guitars. I do not understand why there is so much spleen vented against them. My first wife had one of the first CU22s with a "10 top" and it was a cool guitar. Had we not divorced, I could have easily taken over playing it when she lost interest in playing, but such is life.

Ditto with Gibson. They are very high quality guitars, and I have had a dozen over the years and currently have 7 of them - and all have been great quality instruments - though I have not bonded with all of them. NO headstock breaks on any of my Gibsons or Gretsches. The histeria is analagous to Nikon camera photographers complaining that they break when dropped - which you do not see on the photo forums (or do you?).

My theory, fancy wood (like on PRS) is put down by players who can't afford them, and those who spend what it now costs to have a made in USA guitar that keeps its value over time (or loses less than straight line depreciation) are outraged at minor quality issues that I would mostly overlook or live with (such as slight finish oversprays, or fret sprout - which occurs on many instruments in Colorado).

If you don't like Gibson or PRS guitars, you don't have to buy them, and you don't have to post complainty negative posts on other TGP members' NGD posts.

Hey guys and gals - we all love to play and love gear. Let everyone enjoy what they love and don't rain on other's parades...
My issue with Gibson has never been the headstock break thing because I don't drop my stuff or slam my guitars into things...my issue has been the myriad of QC issues that prevented some of these $1500+ guitars that I owned from doing basic important stuff like staying in tune. That said, I couldn't agree more with the last part of your post...I never understand why people feel the need to comment negatively when someone clearly got something they really dig and they're enjoying it.

DownByLaw

Silver Supporting Member
Some might say PRS makes beautiful coffee tables that happen to be pretty good guitars as well. I'd certainly want a coaster for some of them. :)

Patrick

redturtle

Would it be the most offensive thing to say that I am…

… indifferent to PRS guitars.

Never owned one, unlikely will ever own one, but the ones I’ve tried over the years are… good.

BeeBaa

Would it be the most offensive thing to say that I am…

… indifferent to PRS guitars.

Never owned one, unlikely will ever own one, but the ones I’ve tried over the years are… good.
Hot take!!! Brace for a flamewar.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom