1. During the first week of August 2020, we'll be upgrading the software TGP runs on to the currently available up-to-date version. The software version is a significant upgrade, so there will be some downtime as we do the work under the hood. We've got a team of professionals, including the software development company assisting the process. We've conducted substantial tests using backups of the current forum to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade. We've gone to great lengths on the design of the theme (aka 'skin' or look and feel) of the forum to offer a better user experience for members and visitors. The default theme will be new, yet clearly influenced by the classic TGP look. We will have a dark version of that also easily selectable. Also available will be a "Classic TGP" theme that closely matches the current theme you are accustomed to using with the current software. There is also an easy width adjustment to make it set width or expand to your window width for each theme. As we get closer, I'll update everyone so hopefully, no one will be caught by surprise.
    Dismiss Notice

PRS McCarty first touch

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Omppu, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Omppu

Omppu Member

My friend lent me this beautiful guitar for a couple of months. Here are the first sounds of it. I think this is from the year 2000.

Pretty damn good guitar:)

2. TL;DR

TL;DR Member

That is a sweet sounding instrument! I like how your playing is interesting, but stays soulful.
    :beer

Omppu likes this.
  3. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

PRS makes a wonderful guitar. The McCarty is one of their best offerings.

Sounds great here.

Omppu likes this.
  4. balde

balde Member

Great sounding guitar man! i always kind of hated PRS. i can´t seem to connect with them. I´ve tried a lot and very different models. I always liked the mccarty though. I remember when i lived in maui for a while i tried a (i think) 97 mc carty. It was a goldtop. I almost went crazy and wanted to trade my start for it. It was a wonderful sounding guitar

Omppu likes this.
  5. fdesalvo

fdesalvo Member

Fantastic. It’s easy to forget how influential these guitars were on almost a decade of music.

Omppu likes this.
  6. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

I have a 2000 I bought last year. It's a real doozy! I had a brief issue with it being dark, until I raised the pickups a bit. Now, it has a very similar tone to the OP's instrument: Raucous and soulful, it is very similar to a Les Paul Standard. It sings!

Omppu likes this.
  7. Omppu

Omppu Member

I have had the same attitude towards the PRS guitar for years, they have not generated any interest in me. Well now it turned the other way.;)

balde likes this.
  8. Omppu

Omppu Member

I made the same attention, really dark and bassy mics. My ears, though, are used to the sound of single pickups.:cool:

9. aroman

aroman Member

In 1999 I went to every Guitar store in Dallas to find my graduation gift " the best Strat or Les Paul I could find ". I ended up buying a PRS McCarty. After all this years many Guitars have come and gone and my McCarty is still my favorite one !.

Omppu likes this.
  10. Julio Iguana

Julio Iguana Member

That’s a wonderful sounding guitar. Playing too!

Omppu likes this.