• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

PRS McCarty Goldtop, old Birds P-90s and Tremolo ?

aroman

Gold Supporting Member
PRS Experts,

How rare is this Model ?
How much will it cost new ?
How much will it cost used in very good condition ?

cap10kirk

New isn't going to happen. New McCartys all have humbuckers and no trem.
As for used, I really don't know what it would cost. I found one McCarty goldtop with soapbars on Reverb, without a trem, listed for $1800. I think those are pretty rare, people that have them seem to hang onto them, at least that's how it seems to me. I've never seen a McCarty with a trem in person.

guitarnut_1

I would suspect people who are into this kind of design and pups (54ish and Jr LPs) would tend to go for Gibsons.... but I could be wrong. To me the guitar would be worth about $1500... but that's me.

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
Cowtipton is on the right path on that, 2k is a good starting point for a very rare kind of guitar like that - you'll need to find the special PRS enthusiast that will appreciate that guitar (with exception to the P90's, it's sort of an early DGT kind of guitar, that is what he spec'd prior to his sig model; the color and trem, but with humbuckers, saw him play it several times). If your not in a hurry, you'll find the next owner for that guitar.

Bogner

Great guitar! What is the neck carve on it and is it for sure a McCarty thickness body or a custom body? I am assuming wide/fat and McCarty body thickness.

slipbeer

Silver Supporting Member
McSoapies and McTrem's are pretty rare. A McTremSoapy with birds is definitely on the endangered species list but I think that there is a valid point that you've got to find the right person who wants that.

Like me.

I can't exactly have it right now since I've already got 2 McCarties that my wife knows about and one she doesn't know about yet.;)

aroman

Gold Supporting Member
Great guitar! What is the neck carve on it and is it for sure a McCarty thickness body or a custom body? I am assuming wide/fat and McCarty body thickness.
Wide/fat and McCarty body thickness is correct.

archey

I've only ever seen one other Mctremsoapy. It was a red mahogany standard. I think was actually up for sale here some months back.

Trending Topics