PRS McCarty II - Anyone tried one?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by MartinC, Jun 6, 2008.

1. MartinC

MartinC Member

The blurb on the PRS website says this about the McCarty II model:

New for 2008, the successor to the McCarty is the McCarty II. Featuring our new Mastering Voice Control (MVC) circuitry that allows you to go from clear, early 60’s single coil tones to heavy metal sounds with the flick of a switch, this may just be the only model you’ll need to take to a gig or recording session.

Can anyone comment on how the MVC circuitry does its thing or how it sounds?

2. John C

John C Supporting Member

I would also like to know what these are like, but I don't think any of them have hit the streets yet; it seems like the dealer sites I frequent (Willcutts, Daves, etc.) are still getting in "orginal" McCartys that were ordered before the changeover.

If you haven't already, you might also post this over at birdsandmoons.com - there might have been some prototypes either at the PRS Experience last fall or at the NAMM show and someone might have checked them out and could provide a report.

3. 02Singlecut

02Singlecut Supporting Member

None have shipped to date. I did play one @ NAMM. Great guitar and the MVC does exactly what it says it will. Frankie played one a couple weeks ago @ the factory and was equally impressed.

4. prsnstrat

prsnstrat Member

Sounds interesting. I wonder if the MVC can be retrofitted to an older McCarty.

5. The Last Rebel

The Last Rebel Member

I don't think so. It's a complete electronic package. It'd require a ton of routing and installing.