PRS McCarty Koa...wow!

Anyone seen one of these? A local shop has one. They say it's a limited run. Looks like a McCarty Standard but in Koa, with what I presume is clear natural finish as it's brownish/yellow/gold in color. VERY cool looking!

Nice and light and resonant.

I'm tempted.

Anyone know about the Koa? Will it be desirable ya think? I see Hamer doing Koa, but they always get a bum rap on resale.

Hmmmmmm. control....control....control :Devil

That's right, my bad. It's Korina! This one is humbuckers though. I LOVE those P90's however!

How do you like yours? One of the great uncommon PRS's ya think?

onemind

I have a Korina with Humbuckers, Brazilian Board. It's a great guitar, Light, balanced, very chimey and it screams on the bridge pickup. Has some of the nice midrange honk of a JR. but much more range. Nice mellow tones on the neck.

rawkguitarist

Holy crap! The Korina Mac's are hawt!

I'm seriously thinking about getting one and slapping some Lollar Imperials in it...

But... I'll just have to settle for my hand carved KORINA KOLL thinline due next month!!;)

big mike

Gold Supporting Member
It's a new model now, nothing beats Korina and P90s. Course I got that covered, so none for me.

the_Chris

It's All Been Done Before
Supporting Member
Arrgh, need money for recording gear... don't need another PRS.... but it's korina!.... no, no.... must save... but the korina!....must save...

anxiousmofo

Wow that Korina Mac SB looks sweet!

I have a natural one with a maple top that suits me fine, but golly gee, pa!

Trending Topics