1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

PRS Mira arrived

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by steelvalley, Feb 15, 2009.

1. steelvalley

steelvalley Member

Received this Mira last week. Posted earlier that I was looking for a lightweight alternative to my LPs. After playing this for about a week, I'm feeling very good about my choice. As some of you responded to my last post, it is more SG than LP. But I like it more than the 61 SG I sold here recently. As I'd hoped, when gained up through my Splawn, it's close enough to my LPs.
    Construction is immaculate. The regular neck carve is my absolute favorite neck profile of any guitar I've owned or played. This is also the most acoustically musical guitar I own. I love just playing it unplugged. Agree with others that the pickups are low output. That suits me well - as a Slash fan, I like the way they allow power tube distortion to predominate. As a single cut guy, it's also cool to have a guitar that offers such easy acess to upper frets. Super comfortable and balanced around the neck Coil splitter works very well. I'm not a huge single coil guy, but this offers very usable tones for me and great diversity. In the set neck, mahogany, dual humbucker family, I'm guessing you'd have to look hard to find anything better:RoCkIn[​IMG]

2. THebert

THebert Member

I was in our local GC a couple of months ago and the salesman and I were talking guitars. He said that of all the guitars in the store, he would choose a Mira he pointed to on the wall. I played the guitar and thought it was great- lightweight, resonant, and my favorite PRS neck, the regular carve. I can see how you like it. Congrats.

3. 5E3

5E3 Member

Thanks for the follow-up! :AOK

4. Elmer

Elmer hell is chrome

Congrats on the new plank! I love my Mira, it's probably the best playing guitar I've ever owned. The PRS regular carve is an incredibly comfortable neck, really easy to play.

:dude