PRS owners-question...

telecopter

Silver Supporting Member
Those strap buttons are so dang big. Do you unscrew them, attach your strap, put them back on, and leave the strap on full time?

02Singlecut

They're not strap buttons??? They are spare Fender Bass string trees for your bass player when his fall off!!!! :jo

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
I put on Dunlop straplock buttons and toss the (useless) originals in my parts drawer :D.

-Austin

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
No. You pull, stretch, expand, yank, mistreat the holes in your straps till they beg for mercy, and work them on. Takes a while the first few times but eventually gets somewhat easier. Then of course you can only use the abused straps on your PRS, but they hold like crazy.

paintguy

Long Hair Hippy Freak
Gold Supporting Member
No. You pull, stretch, expand, yank, mistreat the holes in your straps till they beg for mercy, and work them on. Takes a while the first few times but eventually gets somewhat easier. Then of course you can only use the abused straps on your PRS, but they hold like crazy.
That's pretty much what I do.:D

I love the Prs strap buttons. I even bought more Bass string trees for my other guitars.:NUTS

tremonti

Put Dunlop Strap Locks on.....at least PRS doesnt put the smallest buttons on like Gibson. Never understood that?? Gibson buttons are ridiculously small...like they want you stap to come undone????

moozak

Gold Supporting Member
actually, the PRS straplocks work great and are not hard difficult to use with a strap at all... IF... you do one simple thing...

(carefully, of course) take a box cutter and lengthen the slit in the strap above the hole... just about 1/4" (do this on each end of the strap).

after that, the strap goes on as easily on a PRS as it does any other guitar... and, most importantly, it stays on. >>> plus, the same strap will still work for all your other instruments.

Trending Topics