PRS Santana vs. PRS 594

vaibhavmittal

Where Everything is Music!
Silver Supporting Member
Good folks,

Anyone compared these two gems with relatively shorter scale length and fairly similar at ~ 24.5?

Does 594 let you achieve the playability of Santana model?

I own the Santana model but curious to move to 594.

Thanks for any pointers!

teofilrocks

Silver Supporting Member
The only Santana model I have to compare against is a 10yo SE model. Those last 24 frets on a 24.5” scale are not that friendly to play for my fingers, the body shape balances a little funny to me, and the control location is less accessible. So (besides being a Core to SE comparison) I find my 594 to be more playable. And the 58/15LT pickups are great.

bettset

The solution is clear: have both.
i'm more of a prs santana player. the guitar really nails what i like. i do have the 509 which is a great guitar......i know it's not like the 594. i like the santana pickups for what i do plus the 24 frets. i think carlos is using the 58/15's in his santana guitars currently. the 594 has the 58/15's. so depending what you use for an amp and how you set it, the pickups should be able to get those tones. if you can do both do it. the 594 has the push/pull pots, and i'll bet they're pretty cool tones :munch

vaibhavmittal

Where Everything is Music!
Silver Supporting Member
i'm more of a prs santana player. the guitar really nails what i like. i do have the 509 which is a great guitar......i know it's not like the 594. i like the santana pickups for what i do plus the 24 frets. i think carlos is using the 58/15's in his santana guitars currently. the 594 has the 58/15's. so depending what you use for an amp and how you set it, the pickups should be able to get those tones. if you can do both do it. the 594 has the push/pull pots, and i'll bet they're pretty cool tones :munch
That’s a good option to change pups

Santana pickups are skewed towards bass tones to compensate for lighter string gauges used by him

JohnSykes

I have a DC594 and i can tell you this, the neck is fantastic. The pickups are great, they can handle a drop D tuning without issues. The guitar is light, unplugged it sounds like an acoustic.

I dont own a Santana, im sure its a beast... but man, this 594 has everything you want.

Trending Topics