Prs Sc Se

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by DrPCR, Jun 6, 2006.

1. DrPCR

DrPCR Member

My pusher saved me one of these. Electronics and pups are ok, will replace, but the rest of the guitar, excellent. The neck on this plays as well and feels just like US PRS SC. The finish is great and great balance. For 500$. can't be beat, will kill epiphones anyday and with US electronics will give US SC a run for the money.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wally1

Wally1 Member

Very Nice. I'm going to snag one of those too. How thick is the body compared to a regular SC? What's the weight like on yours?

3. DrPCR

DrPCR Member

the thickness is the same as the US SC trem, not as thick as the regular SC.

The weight is slightly lighter to me than a custom but not much, very similar to my US SC trem.

4. nsriley

nsriley Member

Very nice! I just read a great review of these in the newest British 'Guitarist' mag. Congrats!

-Peace
    -Nate

5. DrPCR

DrPCR Member

Thats cool, I'll try to pick up a copy to read the article.

Really I'm very impressed at the build quality, I mean PRS might be hurting themselves in this process. I wasn't impress with their other SE guitars as much as I was with this one.

I also played a custom SE a few wks back and it was excellent, the pickups on those sounded a bit better to me than the ones on the SC.

6. Wally1

Wally1 Member

I just ordered mine. It should be here at the beginning of next week. It will be a cool backup guitar! I've got tons of pickups around so I'll probably try a few different things in it.

7. DrPCR

DrPCR Member

yeah me too I have a bunch of pots and pickups lying around so will just pop them in.

8. Dave B

Dave B Exit... Dual Stage Left Silver Supporting Member

That's coincidental. I just called our shop today to see if they had any (they don't) and when they'd be ordered (they won't just yet). So I'll have to go across the river, try one on for size at GC, and then order one from the local shop. I've heard nothing but good things about these.

9. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

I must say I'm surprised, Doc. An SE? Don't get me wrong...really nice guitars, especially for the cash, but not what I've become accustomed to seeing among your most delicious and exclusive harem. All I can say is that if you got one, the informed and discerning PRS player you are, it must be one hell of a great value! AC

10. DrPCR

DrPCR Member

AC, haha, I think PRS maybe shooting themselves in the foot here. I was surprised at the quality of SC line. I wanted one as a beater guitar for my office in the hospital, if it got wrecked or stolen, so what. I tried a custom SE a while back and wasn't too blown away. Then a couple of weeks ago, I tried another one and this one was amazing. I couldn't believe it was a korean made guitar. So when my pusher said this one was killer, I say for 500$ why not. Like I said, even without the change of pups and electronics it will blow any epiphone out of the water. The fit, finish, frets, neck are up there. When I put in US pups and electronics, I won't doubt this will hold its own against a US PRS SC. So like I said, maybe PRS is making a too good korean guitar, but then again this may bring alot of people over to PRS. The same happened to epiphone with Gibson.

11. david henman

david henman Member

...i thinking:drool about the se standard and the se custom models, as well as the soapbar. are they "less" guitar than the one pictured here, due to the body woods used?

-dh

12. redgold

redgold Supporting Member

I haven't had quite the run of top notch PRSi as the Dr, but I've had over a dozen and my SE soap is one of my favorites. The knobs and switch have a quality feel, and I haven't even had the desire to swap out the pickups (yet). I ran the racks to find mine, and there was a tremendous variability in wgt and neck depth compared to the US line.

Ray

13. DrPCR

DrPCR Member

I agree with you, I bought this one cause my pusher knows what I like and he put it aside. The first korean custom SE I played wasn't a good guitar, so I never looked at them again. But a couple of wks back I saw one and played it and was blown away. SO there is variability like most Korean made guitars. The neck on this one is suppose to be wide fat, but definately feels like a standard neck to me.