Prs Se (merged)

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by fuzzface, Oct 11, 2005.

1. fuzzface

fuzzface Active Member

I keep seeing the PRS se's sell cheap, why???????????
    I know they aren't BRAZILIAN ROSEWOODS , but I don't care about that. The heel of the guitar are usually the superior unbolted (neck thru) type, so what gives? Just a great deal to be had or what?

2. fuzzface

fuzzface Active Member

I keep seeing the PRS se's sell cheap, why???????????
    I know they aren't BRAZILIAN ROSEWOODS , but I don't care about that. The heel of the guitar are usually the superior unbolted (neck thru) type, so what gives? Just a great deal to be had or what?

3. Ryan

Ryan Member

They basically rock.

4. dzeitlin

dzeitlin Member

They sell cheap because they are not made in the USA. They are definately made well for the money. They are not neck thru, but a set neck. The deal is all in the eyes of the buyer. If it gives you what you're after, it's a good deal.

5. mbratch

mbratch Member

They're inexpensive because they're made with low-cost labor overseas. From what I've read, the SE models are nice guitars for the money. Styling tends to be a little plain but tasteful. I tried an SE Soapbar II at a GC store and thought it had a really nice feel, construction, and sound.

6. Chiba

Chiba Gold Supporting Member

Please don't cross-post or start multiple threads on the same topic. I have merged the two threads.

--chiba

7. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

I play a PRS Custom 24, but my bandmate has a Epiphone SG and a Santana SE and the SE kicks the crap out of the SG and isn't that far off from feeling as good as my Custom 24... not exactly the same feel... but an equally good feel, great guitar for punk and rock... with a pick-up change could definatley take on a lot more expensive guitars in the tone and feel department.

-TJK

8. guitarboy

guitarboy Member

I love my Soapbar SE ( single cutaway, before lawsuit! ). I
    put Seymour P-90's in to kill the buzz and have used at
    a few gigs as my main guitar! Well, worth the $350 I spent
    on it!!

9. Nigel11

Nigel11 Member

I have a soapbar II and love it.I can't beleive I paid $350 for it.It is a great guitar,built very good, sounds and plays killer.The quality is just as good or better than some American made guitars.

10. dave s

dave s Member

My son plays the same se soapbar single cut. Best playing sub $1000 guitar I've seen! I think we paid $375 for his.

dave