PRS SE Silver Sky

VaughnC

Silver Supporting Member
If PRS does an SE Silver Sky I doubt they would use the current Silver Sky pickups. They don't sell the pickups separetly, so I don't think they would just give them away in an SE. IMO, the special pickups are the heart of the Silver Sky so, without them, you'll just have a Silver Sky imitation. Maybe that's close enough though...especially if they do some cool colors?! But, then again, does the world need another Strat copy? At least the core Silver Sky has a sound & feel not easily found in Stratland.

tooter007

If PRS does an SE Silver Sky I doubt they would use the current Silver Sky pickups. They don't sell the pickups separetly, so I don't think they would just give them away in an SE. IMO, the special pickups are the heart of the Silver Sky so, without them, you'll just have a Silver Sky imitation. Maybe that's close enough though...especially if they do some cool colors?! But, then again, does the world need another Strat copy? At least the core Silver Sky has a sound & feel not easily found in Stratland.

If the neck is the same as the US model, then I am in. IMO the selling feature of the silver sky is the neck.

OotMagroot

Silver Supporting Member
Since these are technically "Student Edition" guitars, do you think they will come with the 7.25 radius? I'd think they would change that to their standard radius they use on the SEs. I REALLY hope they have a maple fretboard option too.

FiremanMike

Since these are technically "Student Edition" guitars, do you think they will come with the 7.25 radius? I'd think they would change that to their standard radius they use on the SEs. I REALLY hope they have a maple fretboard option too.
I think they'll follow the pattern of the other SE guitars, which are just lower quality versions of the s2/core line guitars.. So that said, I think it'll have the same general specs of the core SS

mdrake34

Doesn't the core Paul's guitar have HBs?
They're little

LwHNFSy7MxsSdrZQd5RUDD.jpg

PaisleyWookie

That and the headstock. Man, I’m a huge PRS fan and I’m sure the SS is a great guitar but that upside down headstock looks so wrong to me.

It does, but I’d say that it’s a very high likelihood that it’ll have the same headstock.

muzishun

I hope it doesn't have the same 7.25" radius, but it probably will.

Ha ya well maybe not though, as that feature is sold as , well,... a "feature!" :messedup that needs to be paid for! One cannot simply churn out necks with vintage radi on the cheap it's very labor intensive you see.......to get that kind of "playability".

Trending Topics

Top Bottom