PRS SE Soapbar II " LEGAL ".. YES !!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by SoapbarII, May 18, 2005.

1. SoapbarII

SoapbarII Guest

Hi!! Im new to this forum, and finally made a move to getting a PRS.Not much of a high-end buyer,but i know what i like/need for im a hobbyist that plays in band from time to time.Im looking for a starter model.Am quite attracted to the SE Soapbar II model.

What are the popular finish amongst the PRS SE Soapbar II. I'm leaning towards the Sunburst ( which probably require more finishing touches.) or the Antique White??

Tried one out today ( SB fin. ) Man!! What gem of a rocker.This will be my first PRS ever, yet this is the model that hooked me in line and sinker.( probably not the last either.),it spoke to me tonally/feel/fit across the board, now i just to decide which color of finish and im a happy camper.:dude

p.s.,any advice/comment would be helpful and appreciated.Glad i found this site/forum for i know you fellas will always help out " NEWBIES " like me.

Thanks and Peace!!:dude

2. DestroyAllGuitars

DestroyAllGuitars Member

If you loved the tone on the one you played, grab that one. No
    2 will sound identical. Don't worry about the color, base your
    buying decision on the tone and playability of the instrument.
    The Antique White one will sound and feel different to some
    degree as no 2 are exactly alike.

Hope this is helpful to you. Good luck with whichever you
    decide to go with.

3. cnardone

cnardone Supporting Member

CliffC +1. If it feels and plays great that is the one to go with. Just play a couple of others to be sure another doesn't feel better.

cmn

4. SoapbarII

SoapbarII Guest

I found out that the price for the 4 finish are all the same, i figure since the Sunburst has more to show ( wood that is ),It would be a better choice and cost extra,glad i got a couple of answers to my question.Thanks Fella's !!,greatly appreciated.Would the AW finish age well in the long run??,I'm wondering if it would be NITRO or POLY??:confused:

Peace!!:dude

5. Garrett Bagby

Garrett Bagby Member

They use a poly finish, so fading or color changing over the years should be minimal. All the colors look great to me.

I say grab up that sunburst while you can. I saw one in that finish locally and it was a great looker. Played and sounded great too. I was going to get one, but decided on a new amp first. Decisions, decisions.

6. SoapbarII

SoapbarII Guest

The T-Burst seems to be a favorite amongst traditionalist.But then again the Antique White just stands right out there for attention.I cant decide, i know they will sound similar in almost all ways.The finish are just that good i presumed.:confused:

Peace!:dude

7. CS'56

CS'56 Member

Congrats on your new guitar!

These are fantastic guitars and I don't just mean for the money!
    They hold there own with high$ American made guitars.

I have a Cherry Soapbar II. I changed to covers and switch tip to cream and the knobs to amber.

8. SoapbarII

SoapbarII Guest

Mark !! Thank You !!. say are you willing to unload the black P-90's cover/control knobs/switch.I'm interested. Let me know?

Thanks!

Peace!!:dude

9. CS'56

CS'56 Member

Let me think abou it.
    I might need them if I ever sell the guitar. People get picky about not having original parts.

10. SoapbarII

SoapbarII Guest

...say Mark?? You got any pic of your updated makeover?? I mean that girlfriend of yours?? Cheri??.LOL!!:dude

Thanks!!;)

11. CS'56

CS'56 Member

http://photos.yahoo.com/mybzx2
    The darker 3rd photo represents the color better. I have since changed the switch tip from black to cream.