PRS the best electrics...Simply amazing guitars.

paintguy

Long Hair Hippy Freak
Gold Supporting Member
Ultimately, whatever inspires you....

Yes. Tag ❤️ his PRSes that much is a given. :)

These clips just proved to me what I already knew. It all comes down to personal preference.

While the PRS guitars sounded great in both clips, (have owned 26 PRS in my time) I preferred the R9's. They whisper to growl and do everything in between. They seem like a broader paint brush stroke. The PRS seems like a beautiful brush stroke, just not quite as broad.

Obviously just my opinion and if you hear different, that's great too. Play what makes you happy.

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
This Tag fellow simply cannot be reasoned with! I gave up after my last post.

I think he's now saying that he meant that he only can't tell the difference between the PRS and LP when he "dumbs down" the PRS. It really is like arguing with a cult member.

It's simple, not sure why it's flying over your heads. I can dial in extremely similar tones with all my guitars, but the PRS does things none of the others do. It has much more harmonic content, chirp on the high end, and can sound WAY bigger than a LP. Just check this out!!!
Ridiculous!!! o_Oo_Oo_O

INSANITY!!

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

webcat

No kidding...at this point, both of you need to let it go...you are not going to be able to convince each other. I have no dog in this fight and I like all my guitars across multiple brands.
I’m not even trying to convince him - I’ve said from the very beginning that I don’t object to him claiming the PRS is better not that he prefers it. Just that the inherent differences between them need to be accounted for in a tone shootout. At this point I’m just bewildered at the abject nonsense being spouted as so-called “fact” and am spending more time than I should in pointing it out.

Tag

No kidding...at this point, both of you need to let it go...you are not going to be able to convince each other. I have no dog in this fight and I like all my guitars across multiple brands.

Hey! Just grab his guitar and put up a clip of an R9 sounding that huge. Not happening.
They can't do it. If they could, I would still own one of mine.
:(

Tag

I’m not even trying to convince him - I’ve said from the very beginning that I don’t object to him claiming the PRS is better not that he prefers it. Just that the inherent differences between them need to be accounted for in a tone shootout. At this point I’m just bewildered at the abject nonsense being spouted as so-called “fact” and am spending more time than I should in pointing it out.

You are simply making one excuse after the other. I'm simply comparing 2 guitars. A PRS Artist III vs. Gibson R9. I don't care if they were made in 1721 or "In the year 2525, if man is still alive." :p The PRS simply sounds better.

:banana:banana:banana

exile1973

It's simple, not sure why it's flying over your heads. I can dial in extremely similar tones with all my guitars, but the PRS does things none of the others do. It has much more harmonic content, chirp on the high end, and can sound WAY bigger than a LP. Just check this out!!!
Ridiculous!!! o_Oo_Oo_O

INSANITY!!

Tag

No....

download.jpeg.jpg

muzishun

This Tag fellow simply cannot be reasoned with! I gave up after my last post.

I think he's now saying that he meant that he only can't tell the difference between the PRS and LP when he "dumbs down" the PRS. It really is like arguing with a cult member.

:rotflmao

muzishun

Ridiculous!!! o_Oo_Oo_O

INSANITY!!

The only way to show these things is a comparison video.

This fails to show any of what you seem to think you hear.

Frater106

Not exactly, when PRS and the boutique builders objective is to replicate the 50s sound they do a much better job than Gibson. Often times considerably better than original 50s models, based on a great deal of personal experience with all of them. Terry McInturff's Carolina is definitely the best LP style guitar ever made. My PRS McCarty 594TIC 58/15LT pickups is a very close second place.

Gibson re-issues are ridiculously over priced based upon the marketing concept and misperceptions that the 50s Gibsons are the best ever.
C’mon, now. Everybody knows that the best guitars were ‘59 Bursts made of unobtanium!

• Haha
Reactions: Tag

Trending Topics

Top Bottom