PSA: 2015 Strymon Social

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by metro6audio, May 8, 2015.

  1. metro6audio

    metro6audio Supporting Member

    Messages:
    827
    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2013
    Location:
    San Diego, CA
  2. thkh

    thkh Member

    Messages:
    599
    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2014
    Location:
    I am from the future
    Parallax launch!!! :stir
     
  3. tremolo3

    tremolo3 Member

    Messages:
    4,741
    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2013
    Location:
    Tijuana
    Duke Nukem Forever and Yndi Halda's 2nd album will be there too.
     
  4. jsytsma

    jsytsma Member

    Messages:
    1,953
    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2011
    Location:
    Guelph, Ontario
    :roll

    Let the predictions run wild...only to be dashed to pieces by the crushing weight of reality.

    My guess:

    SOME sort of foray into pitch shifting/8-bit/ring mod. Maybe not a big box like Timeline, but a smaller start with a few different modes.
     
  5. Delayed Delay

    Delayed Delay Member

    Messages:
    2,618
    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2009
    99.9% chance they announce something new and awesome. The Deco accounts for the 0.1% of that stat. ;)
     
  6. earwax

    earwax Member

    Messages:
    4,442
    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2010
    Location:
    yyc
    it hasnt even been a year yet has it?
     
  7. henryjurstin13

    henryjurstin13 Member

    Messages:
    2,281
    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2004
    Location:
    NWAR 72762
    I keep wanting to see them put out crazy-awesome envelope filters... but, I think pitch-shifting/octaves has gotta be close to heart for them. Or, possibly dirt/fuzz one of these days... They always think up cool stuff tho!
     
  8. PurpleJesus

    PurpleJesus Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

    Messages:
    7,630
    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2014
    Lmao.
     
  9. dpgreek

    dpgreek Supporting Member

    Messages:
    6,099
    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2013
    It'll be a combo reverb / talk box
     
  10. tremolo3

    tremolo3 Member

    Messages:
    4,741
    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2013
    Location:
    Tijuana
    A Deco in a "big box" format would be epic.

    I'm still waiting for a "Pitchfactor" rival.
     
  11. henryjurstin13

    henryjurstin13 Member

    Messages:
    2,281
    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2004
    Location:
    NWAR 72762
    They could probably be the ones to bring TalkBox tones to players without the hassles/limitations & actually SOUND RIGHT.
     
  12. SetFiretotheHive

    SetFiretotheHive Member

    Messages:
    1,696
    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2010
    Location:
    Los Angeles, CA
    I wish....sigh. Been waiting for those mad scientists to enter the pitch game. Love something like a Pitch factor 2.0 with the more user-friendly Strymon interface.
     
  13. rochell59

    rochell59 Member

    Messages:
    764
    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2009
    Location:
    Austin
    WEWANTPARALLAX

    or a guitar DI/pre would be cool, too.
     
  14. TheRealDeal

    TheRealDeal Member

    Messages:
    1,674
    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2013
    hey strymon here is an idea...make your pedals USB compatible...[​IMG]
     
    axm.88 likes this.
  15. earwax

    earwax Member

    Messages:
    4,442
    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2010
    Location:
    yyc
    Ha ha. I concur
     
  16. Cosmogang

    Cosmogang Member

    Messages:
    1,728
    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2009
    Location:
    Hattiesburg, MS
    I want a Strymon looper with all sorts of awesome MOADZ of loop manipulation.
     
  17. macteacher

    macteacher Supporting Member

    Messages:
    664
    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2010
    Location:
    LA
    Thanks for the post!

    Just got my confirmation.

    :)
     
  18. celticelk

    celticelk Member

    Messages:
    1,776
    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2011
    Location:
    Ann Arbor, MI
    :rotflmao
     
  19. olejason

    olejason Supporting Member

    Messages:
    3,307
    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2006
    Location:
    Louisville, KY
    I could see them experimenting with an H9 like device where you'd buy ad hoc patches. I'm extremely surprised people have jumped on board with that sales structure but it seems to be pretty popular.
     
  20. Meriphew

    Meriphew Member

    Messages:
    5,189
    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2004
    Location:
    Seattle USA
    Fingers crossed that it will be a full featured looper.
     

Share This Page