PSA: 50% off TrueFire All Access

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by adauria, Nov 21, 2017.

1. adauria

adauria Member

Hi folks. I have no affiliation other than being a very happy customer. Once a year they go 50% off on TrueFire All Access plans. It is WELL worth the discounted $99 a year. I always add another year when this sale comes along (I'm good until August 2019 at this point).

-Andrew

Rob G, jcj and SmallStones like this.
  2. SmallStones

SmallStones Supporting Member

3. SmallStones

SmallStones Supporting Member

so what does all access give you? I've never used Truefire but I've been interested in some of the courses. Like Shane Theriot's stuff or Andy Timmons'. Does all access get you these included or a discount or what? thanks

4. TomBLP

TomBLP Member

With All Access you can view both and everything else-unlimited. Love both of those courses by the way. No affiliation with Truefire-just a happy customer.

Rob G and SmallStones like this.
  5. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

I just wish I had the time to do that stuff.

guitarjazz, lordhidetora and Caprica like this.
  6. Caprica

Caprica Member

Truefire courses are like gear. You buy one or two and next thing you know you have a dozen or more of them and no time to make use of them.

7. circle_o_5ths

circle_o_5ths Member

I'm a little confused. Each class is like $39 correct? So are you saying for $99 you can access all the classes for a year?

8. glazed67

glazed67 Supporting Member

Yes and yes.

9. adauria

adauria Member

When you think about it like that, i.e. it's about the price of 2 or 3 classes, it's a CRAZY good deal if you are going to run through some or all of even a handful of classes.

The things you don't with all access v buying the course are the abilities to 1) download the video content (you can still download the tabs and jam tracks even with all access), and 2) have access to courses after your all access subscription is gone (i.e. you are essentially renting, not buying).

If you're like me, i.e. you like to dabble in this style or that style, and learn a random lick every couple of days, it's awesome. You just find the courses you like and mark them as favorites. You can use the interface to mark which lessons in a course you've completed and/or are working on. So I basically decide what mood I'm in today, and pick a course from my favorites (you can, of course, pick from ANY course they have at any time with an all access plan), go the lesson I'm working on or the next one (if I'm done with previous one) and chug through a lesson or 2.

I was literally just over on the site to noodle around since the family is out of the house at the moment. I reviewed a lesson and started a new one from Jeff McErlain's Billy Gibbons course, then did the same with his Sweet Blues Licks course. I may do another one in the blues harmonica course before the family gets home.

Needless say, I'm a big fan of TrueFire.

-Andrew

10. guitarjazz

guitarjazz Member

and good tax write-off...

11. slowerhand

slowerhand Member

IMO it's better to buy a few courses outright and then work through them. They have these buy 1, get 1 sales periodically and each course can keep me busy for many months, even half a year. Maybe the full access is good if you learn very quickly or are already at a very high level so you want to graze here and there. At my eternal hack level, the structure of a course is one of the strengths of Truefire (over youtube).

Washburnmemphis likes this.
  12. No457 Snowy

No457 Snowy Member

I'm a fan. Although I already had a few courses purchased outright and downloaded to work on offline (my preferred method with this kind of material) I recently won a 12 month All-Access subscription that also came with $50 of Truefire cash to spend. :banana There is a real temptation to just skim through stuff so for me at least, to get the best ROI from this kind of learning material I'm pretty strict with myself with my courses and work on them methodically. I tend to treat most lessons as if it was the teacher giving me something to work on for the week. I make it a point to really try to nail the material in each one, or at least have the concepts firmly in my head and notes under my fingers so that I can work it into my playing over time. I'm working through my Jazz Guitar Pathway and at the moment taking my time and really enjoying the lessons with Frank Vignola and Sheryl Bailey and learning heaps. For someone with a good internet connection and plenty of download data for streaming the $99 deal is a real bargain as the content available and the quality of teachers is outstanding.

slowerhand likes this.
  13. mastercaster

mastercaster Member

My sentiments also. As good as the yearly deal is I couldn't work trough $99 worth of material purchased in a half price sale in a year as I tend to work through a course from start to finish then move on to another one.

14. cmstrat

cmstrat Member

No. You can not have private lessons in the classrooms, you can stream all the recorded courses for a year.

15. slowerhand

slowerhand Member

And they win either way because most people (including myself) buy more courses than they can ever work through. :) But that's OK with me, I'm glad they're there and it's income for the instructors.

Another thing is I always have a course downloaded to my iPad. Not sure if you can do that with the full-access deal.

16. mastercaster

mastercaster Member

I seem to remember that you can. I had full access last year. I do remember that I watched at a lot of courses, didn't do as much playing. Even now the courses that I purchase I stream to my laptop because I really like the Soundslice view. It really helps to have the notation cursor move along and loop on screen with the video.

17. davess23

davess23 Member

All Access has been working well for me for the past couple of years. At first it was tough to stay focused, because I kept finding (or being notified of) new courses and getting sidetracked. But after a while I began applying a little discipline and working my way through entire courses. I was laid off early this year when my company moved, so I've had plenty of time for guitar, and it's been good. I'm definitely staying with All Access. At 50% off it's a no brainer, excellent deal.

18. notyalcer

notyalcer Silver Supporting Member

I sprung for the 50% sale to try it for a year. Thanks to adauria for the PSA. I’ve been scrolling through the huge variety of courses available, starring (favorite-ing) courses judiciously and sampling them here and there. Looking forward to diving into ideas from Shane Theriot, Oz Noy and Dweezil Zappa, not to mention Carlton and Ford. It will be hard to stay disciplined given my limited time to practice and the sheer amount of information available.

adauria likes this.
  19. jcj

jcj Member

Appreciate the heads up, OP.

I got in on the deal, and it was well woth $99, to me; so cheap compared to an average lesson, it seemed silly not to jump.

adauria likes this.