PSA: Alter Ego 2 and T2 $99 !

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jul.brown90, Nov 24, 2014.

1. ruger9

ruger9 Member

I received mine today, can't test it until tomorrow, but now I'm a little concerned.... I've bought a tone of TC stuff, and have never had a problem... I hope this new batch of "on sale" pedals wasn't made someplace else, someplace...cheaper.... and have QC issues as a result....

2. steelerboy329

steelerboy329 Member

Mine arrived a couple of days ago with no issues at all. Sounds pretty good, but I still miss my Dispatch Master. :( I'm thinking of ditching my Ditto and use the AE for what little looping I do. Then I can pick up another DM and have both on my board.

3. tjontheroad

tjontheroad Just Wanna Be Misunderstood Vendor

New Jersey... YOU GOTTA PROBLEM WITH THAT?!?!
    I got the AEX4 on Saturday and the T2 today. They really sound great together. I'm very pleased. There's still a slight digital quality to the analogue emulations. In a way, I like that because it sounds more "up to gate" if that makes any sense to anyone :)

I had to watch the demos a few times over again just to capture all the possibilities. There's some learning curve. Or I should say, there's a memory curve as to what all the different settings are meant to do. Certainly worth the effort.

Anyway, thanks for the PSA.

4. fourtet102

fourtet102 Supporting Member

Update on quality - I received mine and they both work great. Very classy enclosures giving those pedals great look.

5. ruger9

ruger9 Member

PSA- for those of you who might not know, TC has a firmware update available for both of these pedals.

6. uyarchie

uyarchie Member

Got my Alter Ego V2 as well and the strum tempo didn't work, e-mailed PGS and they said there was a firmware update for the pedal, did that and now it works great! Great sounding delays.

7. minty901

minty901 Member

Ah, I thought the strum tempo wasn't working when I tried it in the shop. I concluded that I must not have been listening closely enough or something, but maybe it actually wasn't working.

8. teefus

teefus Silver Supporting Member

i received the t2 and the aev2 yesterday. tried them both out and was very pleased. due to space and power constraints i am keeping the aev2. the t2 sounded really nice and i liked a lot of the presets. i had an original alter ego and really liked it but could not stand the color and the fact that you could not read anything on that surface under stage lighting. the aev2 looks and sounds great. i downloaded the t c editor and tweaked it a bit and am very pleased.

9. james...

james... Member

Got mine. Have not done the update yet fwiw.

Everything works great and the pedal feels solid. Dunno what to tell people who are experiencing issues. I've had 5 or 6 TC pedals and this one is what I would expect. Not cheap or bad feeling.

REALLY wish there was a mod control. Some of the delays are a little over the top on the mod.

10. dbbooh01

dbbooh01 Member

I got my Alter Ego v2 on Saturday and used it in church on Sunday. No quality issues (although I didn't try strum temp or the firmware update). I'm really loving the Space Echo preset, this was a steal for $99.

11. DoctorBray

DoctorBray Member

Just a heads up to anyone who picked up both a AE v2 and a T2, you're basically 2/3rds of the way to getting a free Ditto X2 Looper. Details are on the TC website along with the form you must fill out and mail in, but basically it's buy 3 pedals & get the Ditto free by mail. I personally grabbed a Polytune 2 from Prymaxe's sales for my 3rd pedal :D Was tempted by the Spark Booster too as I've heard great things about it.

12. minty901

minty901 Member

What about this promotion:

"Purchase any combination of two regular sized TC Electronic TonePrint, compact drive, SCF, X2 or X4 pedals and claim a FREE analog drive pedal or boost of your choice (MojoMojo Overdrive, DarkMatter Distortion, Röttweiler Distortion or Spark Booster)"

http://cdn-downloads.tcelectronic.com/presents-for-all/

Will that work despite that the pedals were bought in a sale online? If so then that is a crazy good steal.

edit: oh damn that's Europe only. I live in the UK but given I bought them from the US I'm sure it wont work.

13. james...

james... Member

NEVERMIND. The update didn't take. Redid it and the tap works now.

On the flip side though, it sounds like the already insane mod settings on some of these delays are even worse. Geeze TC... Could you tone it down just a little?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  14. sponceu87

sponceu87 Member

Surprisingly, Guitar Center has the Alter Ego v2, x4 and T2, for those of you who missed out on the deal. I guess not so much a PGS exclusive anymore?

15. uyarchie

uyarchie Member

Update on the strum tap tempo. I emailed PGS and they sent me a link to update the firmware, works great now! Now, I'm thinking should I sell the Tap-a-delay and belle epoch for board space and spend the cash on something else? I love the DM2 and DLMM settings on the Alter Ego, mod levels are ok for me, I keep the level low anyways.

16. ruger9

ruger9 Member

I have come to this conclusion regarding the TC mod levels being "too much" (because I too thought that, for awhile....

If I don't want mod, I'll use a mod-less delay: BDM2 or 2290. If I want a mod delay, chances are I'm going to want to HEAR the mod- meaning, I don't want it so subtle it can only be discerned at home, alone. So for that, the seemingly-deeper mod levels on the AEX4/AEv2 are fine... altho some are still a little crazy lol.

If anyone is looking for a straight tape delay, with a little mod but not too much, something that sounds like a well-tuned tape echo, download the Pat Buchanan Tape Delay toneprint. This is as close (95%) as you can get to the stock "Tape" toneprint that was on the AEX4, and that was my favorite setting. It's obviously a tape echo, obviously has warble on it, but just the right amount, for playing at home or recording (or live, of course).

17. grantbob

grantbob Member

Can you alter the factory models with the Editor, or just the one in the TP setting?

18. ruger9

ruger9 Member

Just the TP setting.