PSA: Amazon Prime membership is slashed to $67.00 today only

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by axavm, Sep 25, 2015.

1. axavm

axavm Member

2. ford

ford Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I wish I could renew at this price. Its pretty worth it if you order even a few times a year for the shipping.

Jim Holloway likes this.
  3. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

Worth it for the shipping. Not worth it for the movies. A cavalcade of D list bombs with nearly zero changes over months and months.

Cruciform likes this.
  4. FenderTone

FenderTone Gold Supporting Member

I love the free two day shipping with Amazon prime. I'm pretty sure I get my money's worth.

Bryan T and stratotastic like this.
  5. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

Worth it for shipping big time. Getting all the new albums free is awesome as well.

6. critter74

critter74 Supporting Member

Yeah that's not true. There is plenty of decent movies and TV on Amazon Prime. Especially the HBO stuff.

It always amazes me people butch about Netflix and Amazin streaming. It's like "I want all the blockbuster movies. For $8 a month. Less than 1.5 movie rentals."

If someone can't find anything of value on Amazon or Netflix, it says more about their taste (or lack of trying anything other than blockbuster cinema) than it does about either companies offerings.

Go Cat Go!! likes this.
  7. Tonekat

Tonekat Supporting Member

They're looking for big explosions, space aliens, and car chases.

8. stratotastic

stratotastic Member

Agreed about the shipping. I just received a 130-lb kitchen cart, a separate box with 2 bar stools, and a box of other misc stuff via Prime free shipping today. Probably made my money back for my Prime membership today alone! :)

As for the movies and stuff, I liked Catastrophe, which I think was Amazon's first foray into original shows. Great series, but too short--wish there was more! Other than that I just got frustrated trying to find anything else worth watching. I see they have a lot of great series on there but just a single season, which makes me think they're trying to get you hooked then will make later seasons available for a fee. Could be wrong...

9. ldizzle

ldizzle Supporting Member

Prime is awesome! Even if you just need something like toothpaste and too lazy to go get it... prime! Here in two days! BAM!

10. Jim Holloway

Jim Holloway Silver Supporting Member

You might want to check with Amazon on this ...

Earlier this year they were running another a promotional price on Prime membership while I was already a member with months left before renewal. They let me buy the membership as a gift specifying myself as the recipient and setting a 'delivery' date of this coming December when my current subscription expires. I ordered it then and it's scheduled for 'delivery' on 12/18/2015 (it's sitting there in my orders history). Not sure if they will allow this again this time but worth looking into (believe I went through a chat session with Amazon help to figure this out back in January).

I might again myself if I get a chance today.

Jim

11. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

What? I just paid those pirates $99 + tax less than two weeks ago to renew my membership. :bitch I want my $32 back...OTOH, I'd be willing to take it in credit.

Tonekat likes this.
  12. Matt Jones

Matt Jones Member

Amazon and Netflix have different offerings but we've been able to find plenty of good stuff to watch on Amazon. My kids like it and I just recently started watching "Band of Brothers." Great show.

Amazon also added music streaming, which they're slowly adding to.

13. mcknigs

mcknigs Supporting Member

Been considering Prime. This put me over the edge. Thanks. :)

14. guitarno

guitarno Supporting Member

Today only? I was on a trial which was going to renew on the 28th. I tried to cancel it and order the discounted "Prime" but it won't let me and when the "Trial" expires, it will be too late. I was considering letting the trial go live for the $99 price, but I hate missing out on the deal.

15. dlc1953

dlc1953 Supporting Member

Had to jump on it for that price. Saves a bundle on shipping.

16. YYZ

YYZ Supporting Member

Prime rocks. I live in a high density area that has everything (4 Costcos w/in 6 miles), but it can be a PITA to drive to get some basic things (e.g., coffee filter, tape measure, dog toy, cat food). Also sometimes I'll forget after I think of it. With Prime, I can just order it in the moment and in two days or less, it's on the doorstep. Like the Sweet Pickles bus (for those who remember the ad ;)).

17. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

Just did it. Thank goodness. I don't spend enough time on the couch watching movies and TV. :jo

18. sacakl

sacakl Silver Supporting Member

Thanks OP. I might jump on this with the holidays coming up.

19. Ampedusa

Ampedusa Supporting Member

Glad I signed up. Lots of goodies. One free book a month on a kindle app, free streaming music, free streaming movies and tv, lots of HBO shows, and what I think will be my favorite part - Amazon Prime Now app on the phone. I live in one of the zip codes covered and you get free 2 hour delivery on tons of stuff ( need some Oreos and can wait 2 hours, you're covered. ) or if you're super impatient, $7.99 fee on 1 hour delivery. Sweet.

20. RoryGfan

RoryGfan Silver Supporting Member

axavm, Thank you very much! That was just enough for me to go for the deal. And, it was quick, too. I just wanted the shipping deal (I live on a ranch, so fast shipping is great), but the Amazon video freebies were sweet, too. Basically, good stuff like the full runs of the HBO series' (Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, etc.), plus lots of network TV full-runs, good free movies and more (like new Lenovo laptops at half-price). I heard that Amazon was going to jump into a lot of great deals early...and they did. With work and other things, I had no idea it was going on. Thanks again, I appreciate it! Still about an hour to go, check it out.