PSA: Blackstar ID100 Head on sale for $299 at Guitar Center

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by thrashmetl, Apr 16, 2016.

1. thrashmetl

thrashmetl Supporting Member

Seems like something new is in the pipeline?

2. jageya

jageya Member

wow...great price!

3. jageya

jageya Member

didnt see it on the website

4. Noise Under The Floor

Noise Under The Floor Supporting Member

"In the drag of this atmosphere" (Maryland)
    They just introduced new 50 and 100 watt stereo ID Core combos.

5. slugworth

slugworth Supporting Member

ID TVP = the sh!t

ID Core = bloody rubbish

Anacharsis likes this.
  6. jageya

jageya Member

i dont know...the idcore 100 may be worth a try....i like the stereo ness and the effects loop and looper in it now.

7. MrWulf

MrWulf Member

Why would they want to expand their line of ID amp with the inferior version? That doesn't make sense to me. I love the responsiveness of my 15TVP and the preamp tube emulation, so why?

8. jageya

jageya Member

well...i cant say either way till i play it. Its supposedly been tweaked with guitar speakers...i mean never know...I have the id260 and like it alot...i had the idcore 40 as well and its was ok but sold it in anticipation of the idcore100...but if i try it and it sucks i wont get it but while its less optioned then the id series it still may sound ok. Stereo effects loop...looper...i mean it may be decent..But yea the id260 is killer i agree. the superwide stereo kills to me....huge sound.

9. jageya

jageya Member

i had the 40 and it was decent

10. timmat

timmat Supporting Member

I've been hoping for a smaller ID TVP stereo combo. The 260 was just too much for what I use this amp for (I have a ID TVP 30).

11. jageya

jageya Member

I understand....the id260 is actually a pretty smallish 2-12 combo compared to others i have like ac30. it is heavy though weight wise for some reason. For me stereo makes a huge plus in enjoyment for home use.

12. slugworth

slugworth Supporting Member

It looks like all the preamp stuff is there on the ID:CORE 100 and 150. It's the excellent poweramp features that are missing. Maybe they decided that guitarists can't understand what poweramp tubes are or what differences they might have. I suppose if you did a focus group of average guitarists, that could be what you'd come up with.

I'm sure another part of the push is all the digital guitarists clamoring to play through FRFR speakers. Personally I would much rather play through a real guitar speaker and cabinet. Blackstar already makes great sounding cabinets. Maybe they want to appeal to the low volume crowd?

riffy likes this.
  13. jageya

jageya Member

I think the idcore is not just the same preamp section of the id series. I think it is that to a point but likely tweaked becauese it sounds better then the id260 i have when the tvp is turned off in the id260 amp. of course the tvp adds a whole nother dimension but the idcore is not just the id series without the tvp...i think its controls show this but its a different tweaked preamp section overall. Turn off you tvp on your id and it sounds sterile flat and bland....i get that....but the idcore to me sounds alot beter then the id series with the tvp OFF.