PSA - DOD Overdrive Preamp 250 is in stock at Sweetwater

tymj2112

Hi everyone,

I just got an email from Sweetwater that the 250 is now available.

I pulled the trigger a few minutes ago, breaking my resolution to not buy new pedals this year. Crap! I didn't even make it until Feb 1st!

tymj2112

Yes, as I understand it the tech specs are from the grey unit, but the pedal is offered in gold sparkle, with a blue LED and AC jack.

Perhaps DigiTechRep can chime in and correct me if I'm mistaken.

Tom Von Kramm

Platinum Supporting Member
Yes, as I understand it the tech specs are from the grey unit, but the pedal is offered in gold sparkle, with a blue LED and AC jack.

Perhaps DigiTechRep can chime in and correct me if I'm mistaken.
You nailed it. We also added true bypass, all aluminum chassis, and a tad more output level. There's some extra cool sprinkled in for good measure too.

markw1980

You nailed it. We also added true bypass, all aluminum chassis, and a tad more output level. There's some extra cool sprinkled in for good measure too.
Can't wait to try mine! I ordered today, and it should be here around Tuesday.

Tom Von Kramm

BTW, at NAMM I got a lot of people asking if the bottom plate is plastic, it isn't, it is powder-coated aluminum. The powder coat gives it a kind of toothy texture that I really dig.

50MkII

So, when you take away the true bypass, led, and physical looks/chassis type of the DOD 250 reissue pedal is not an exact replica of the original grey spec pedal. Is that correct?

Tom Von Kramm

So, when you take away the true bypass, led, and physical looks/chassis type of the DOD 250 reissue pedal is not an exact replica of the original grey spec pedal. Is that correct?
The circuit is an exact gray-spec replica with SMD instead of through-hole, including the much lauded LM741 OPA.

Hulakatt

Has done terrible things for a klondike bar
Gold Supporting Member
So far I prefer the new one over my 82' if that counts for anything. The new one has slightly more lower mids and a bit more heft to the sound.

ejkennedy

Haha. Just remembered I had an original one of these is old duffel bag full of pedals a friend gave to me.

Unadan

I've never played one of these - what makes this OD unique or different from the multitudes? I already have the D+ reissue (handwired) - is it very similar to this pedal?

Last edited:

scolfax

Silver Supporting Member
Been wanting one of these for a while, finally bought one last night. Can't wait to compare it to the Whirlwind Gold Box.

Trending Topics