PSA: free Bias distortion pedal plug-in (and a related question)

bugzapper

So, I got an e-mail today from Positive Grid that they are offering the plug-in version of Bias distortion pedal. I suspect that one doesn't need a magic e-mail and can just download it from their site.

The plug-in looks very cool--17 drive pedal models that are "internally" tweakable via the software.

Available until January 2nd, according to the e-mail I received. Seems like a very nice way to check out PG's stuff.

Now, my question:

If anyone knows, how the heck do you turn the "amp room" off?!

The plug-in has a built-in "amp room" feature that allows you to hear the pedal through a selection of amp models. The "amp room" has an on-off toggle, but I can't get it to move. It's stuck "on." (The noise gate toggle--for what seems like a very good noise gate--works.)

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Downloading as I type, I'll check it. Thanks for the heads-up!

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
I can't disable the "amp room" either, which renders the plugin totally unusable.

I sent them an email and got a quick response.

"Hi,

Thanks for writing to Positive Grid support.

I'm getting the same problem here as well. It's most likely a bug, but I'll confirm with our engineers on it as well."

So we'll have to wait and see.

bugzapper

Ah, well, that the support staff is surprised as well is a good sign that pegging the "amp room" on wasn't intentional.

Thanks for writing to PG and sharing the reply.

Hozay

Silver Supporting Member
Same here with the amp room -- always on. Also, after a few minutes of messing around, the plugin crashed my Mac. I mean it froze and then restarted itself, which almost never happens anymore. I'm going to uninstall Pedal and wait for an update.

Hozay

Silver Supporting Member
Do you need to use with Bias FX or Bias amp? Can I just plug Bias Pedal into Reaper?

I'm unfamiliar with Reaper but I think it will work for you as a plugin without needing any other Bias platform.

fuzzmore

Do you need to use with Bias FX or Bias amp?
i didn't have time yet to play with it, but i guess thats what the amp room is for? you can choose between a small selection of amps there:
k5ox9lm5.png

will be hard to use other amp sims though, as long as the turn-off-bug exists :jo
well, other sims than from positive grid. i'm pretty sure you can easily import the created pedals direct into bias fx.

Can I just plug Bias Pedal into Reaper?
yeah, it comes with a VST plugin too.

Last edited:

richpjr

i didn't have time yet to play with it, but i guess thats what the amp room is for? you can choose between a small selection of amps there:
k5ox9lm5.png

will be hard to use other amp sims though, as long as the turn-off-bug exists :jo
well, other sims than from positive grid. i'm pretty sure you can easily import the created pedals direct into bias fx.

yeah, it comes with a VST plugin too.

Agreed - not much use until the bug is fixed (of course, I haven't actually tried the amps yet - maybe they are okay!).

Antmax

I found out how to turn off the amp room BTW. It's a bit dumb, you only use the switch in the main UI as a visual indicator. To turn it off go into the amp room and drag the amp up off of the FX chain. The Amp Room switch should turn off, no more amp modeling.

Works great if I want to add a bias pedal to my Spider V. The USB ASIO drivers mix the Bias models direct.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom