• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

PSA: Hartman on sale

ChipOnly

Just noticed a bunch of hartman dirtboxes, a boost and their compressor on sale at mf.

I'm probably not pulling the trigger on any, but just mentioning it for anyone that might be interested.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search?sB=r&Ntt=hartman

Anyone know about the Tommy Bolin fuzz, what it is based on? Or the dual fuzz, is it just two fuzzfaces, one SI, one GE?

Hulakatt

Has done terrible things for a klondike bar
Gold Supporting Member
Anyone know about the Tommy Bolin fuzz, what it is based on? Or the dual fuzz, is it just two fuzzfaces, one SI, one GE?
The Tommy Bolin Fuzz is based on the AstroTone/Sam Ash Fuzz.
The Dual Fuzz is, as you say, one side Ge and the other side is Si.

Damn, I really want to pick up the Crystal Valve pair but I just bought a Hartman bc108 and an older Hartman NKT "Hendrix" fuzz. I love Hartman stuff, it's just so well built and sounds fantastic! Truly underrated stuff around here and some of the only fuzzes I've tried to rival Analogman's build quality and sound.

Edit: Just looked at the link and that's an amazing sale! I've seen some of those go for more used on ebay than what they have them listed at new!

IceTre

Silver Supporting Member
Damn. I just bought the Hartman Compressor direct from Hartman for $170 plus $10.75 shipping. It's on sale here for $105 with free shipping. I just tried it out tonight and it's superb. I tried it with my Strat, and the clean tone is fatter and richer, both for single notes and chords, especially on the bridge pickup. If you're looking for a compressor you should jump on this.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom