PSA.....MF email coupon

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by kccheers, Oct 8, 2008.

1. kccheers

kccheers Member

OK, I know that some of you have had the Sh*t Fairy land on any deals with Musicians Friend......I haven't. Maybe it's because I live down the road from the warehouse and can pick up any order in 30 minutes without fear of a lemon or shipping damage. Anywho....

I get this email tonight with a super secret discount that you have to call to get. I figure that whatever it is, it probably won't apply to anything I want.

WRONG!

Basically, it's this: If you spend up to $299.00 you get an additional 10% off. $300.00 to $499.00, you get 12% off. $500.00 to $999.00, you get 15% off, and $1000.00 to $5000.00, you get an extra 20% off. So I ask....what about Fender and Gibson.....Bingo! They are included.

So, tomorrow I'll have this for $2679.99. I've been looking at it for a while, and this was the deal maker. Reg $3349.00 @ 34% off. Plus, I'm having it shipped to my office across the state line in Kansas so there's no sales tax or shipping!

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/...l-Custom-Chambered-Electric-Guitar?sku=515699

Here is a link to the discount. If ya find something cool, ENJOY!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?doc_id=104245&src=3TP8K8D&ZYXSEM=0

cheers from KC

2. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

Sweet guitar. Is that really blue though?

3. sixstring531

sixstring531 Supporting Member

Sweet deal man! Wish I had $2700 to invest on a beauty like that Paul! I've been to the store there in KC (my friend lives down the street by Worlds of Fun) and was not terribly impressed with what I saw. I think it depends on what they have in that day. I live near Springfield and another buddy of mine here picked up a new (had some scratchy issues, but viola with a little TLC they went away) AC30cc2 for around $150!!!! I don't know what kind of magic he worked their, but that's what they gave it to him for.

4. kccheers

kccheers Member

Yea, you were in their "Outlet" store, where they retail any returns, or "scratch and dent" items. For normal stuff where the sales tax isnt a deal breaker, I will call them, place the order, and in 30 minutes I can go get it. They just pick it from the warehouse, kind of a "will call".

5. theinteriorleag

theinteriorleag Member

That is a helluva lot to spend on a denim jacket, and I've always worried about the body and finishing on those. Hope that guitar they kick in is nice!

6. 3th3r

3th3r Member

kccheers, that is a beautiful Custom.

I played one recently and honestly, it was the BEST sounding Les Paul that I have ever played -- very resonant, even in tone from bottom to top, very "alive". I can't say if it was this particular guitar or if all the chambered Customs sound like this.

I am so tempted to get one, especially with the discount, which BTW is a GREAT deal, but I'm not sure I can swing it now, with the economy (MY economy) sucking as it does now.

Post some pics when you get it.

7. 3th3r

3th3r Member

There is supposed to be a layer of Pelham Blue nitro underneath a layer of clear yellow nitro.

8. Shawn S.

Shawn S. Member

I was originally nearby in Liberty.

As far as I knew, if I wanted anything new that wasn't broken from the clearance center I had to get it shipped. There was no way I could go pick up something (new - not from clearance center)... and when I returned a fuzz pedal I got a lot of grief from the lady at the front desk of the shipping center about not having it shipped out...

I'm afraid (as tested last summer) you HAVE to have something shipped, even if you can pick it up. If not, I was lied to over the phone.

9. Shawn S.

Shawn S. Member

Figures... (see post above)

10. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

....which makes green

11. AndrewC

AndrewC Supporting Member

Cool - thanks for the tip. I just saved $400! :AOK

12. kccheers

kccheers Member

Shawn, I still do this regularly. I just call up the Clearance Center, tell the guy or gal the product number, and show up in 1/2 hour. I haven't yet had to ship or take anything back, so I've gotten none of that grief. Again most of the stuff that I would pickup is smaller stuff because of paying the sales tax, like an Epiphone case, or something that I needed that day. Mostly they let me inspect it before I leave the building.

13. kccheers

kccheers Member

Also, the coolest part of this transaction is when I told the wifey this morning. I started out how "Honey, sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness instead for permission...." and all it cost me was a new exercise bike....BRILLIANT!

14. Shawn S.

Shawn S. Member

That's good to know, when I'm back home again. As long as you don't mind paying taxes...

Thanks for the info though!

15. ROTHNROLL

ROTHNROLL Member

16. Johnny Raz

Johnny Raz Member

WOW that is a beautiful Les Paul! Enjoy!

17. Big Boss Man

Big Boss Man Member

Sweet deal on a sweet guitar.

At 20% off I am tempted to pull the trigger on one of these...

[​IMG]

18. frisco kid

frisco kid Member

Thanks for the head's up KC and that LP looks great! I think your math is off though dude...34% off of $3349 puts your LP at $2309? Did you mean 20%?

19. kccheers

kccheers Member

DOH! The $3349.00 price was at 34% off list, which was $5127.00. The additional 20% made it $2679.99. Which makes it 48% off list in the end.

20. Lution

Lution Member

thanks for the heads up on this. very tempting.