• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

PSA: Music Machine is still blowing out their Fender Thin Skins!

olin

Silver Supporting Member
I picked up a Sherwood Green '59 Thin Skin for $1299 shipped yesterday. All of their Thin Skins can be had for this price EXCEPT their Seafoam and Lake Placid Teles which can be had for $1199!! That includes shipping.

Considering what new Fender's are going for these days, this is a steal.

Call them and ask for Nathan.

(Note: I am in no way affiliated with these guys, I'm just spreading the word in case anyone is in the market.)

Still goin?

Sure wish the Kennewick, WA location was close to something. But at these prices it is hard to imagine the guitar being "unflippable" should the particular one they ship you prove unsatisfying. I would not be surprised if these Thinskins have been just barely looked over - this isn't like a shop location in Jupiter, Florida where vacationers can just pop in.

If I hadn't just got/assembled a bunch of stuff.

These price's sound to good to be true. I wonder what the deal is on these. When price's are really low, it makes me think that there maybe a problem with these guitars and the store wants to move them out fast. If anyone has more information on these guitars, I would love to know because it has sparked my interest in maybe purchasing one since I am still looking to for the Materbuilt Fender 1954 50th anniversary strat at a good price.

olin

Silver Supporting Member
These price's sound to good to be true. I wonder what the deal is on these. When price's are really low, it makes me think that there maybe a problem with these guitars and the store wants to move them out fast. If anyone has more information on these guitars, I would love to know because it has sparked my interest in maybe purchasing one since I am still looking to for the Materbuilt Fender 1954 50th anniversary strat at a good price.
There's no problem. This will be my second '59 Thin Skin and they're great guitars. It's just that Fender doesn't make them anymore and the stores that carry them (Wildwood, Dave's, MusicMachine) are trying to clear out old stock. I think some of the stock may actually be from '07.

Having said that, don't think of them as Custom Shop guitars. They're basically AVRI guitars with a thinner finish and some modern specs (9.5" radius, larger frets, etc.) Also, I'm pretty sure that Music Machine is sold out of there '54 Strats but you could check with Daves and Wildwood and see if they'll price match.

Music Machine has the 54 Thin Skin Strats in stock, but I am debating on whether or not to purchase a vintage strat from 75. I am waiting to hear back from the dealer if he will go down on the price.

Trending Topics