• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

PSA: Price increase on MIM standard strat and tele

Keef Wichards

I don't know if this is old news, but on the fender website, and some big retailers (I haven't checked them all yet) the standard stratocaster and standard telecaster (MIM) are now listed at $600 USD instead of $500.

This saddens me, I was considering checking one out sometime within the next couple months.

SinglecutGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Yep. I got the email last week. I sadly had to re-price all my standards here.

While it's sad, it has been quite some time since those have seen a price increase, and the newer features on them the past few years really hold the value of even the new price.

Kestrel

MIM Standards are decent workhorse guitars, but $600 new? Ouch. Any improvements other than the price increase?

Bossanova

Gold Supporting Member
This was to be expected, Fender isn't running a philanthropic enterprise for us musicians.

The good news is that at least the instruments are of excellent quality.

PixMix

Gold Supporting Member
I realize that we're talking standard line here, but some of the other a bit more "special" series from MIM production has been up there in price (Classic Player, Road Worn and some signature ones -Troy v. Leeuwen jazzy comes to mind).

Good thing you can get a used standard tele or start locally for about $300 or less.

Matt L

I bought two new 2015 MIM Standards recently, a Standard Strat w/maple neck and a Standard HH Telecaster w/ rosewood. They were $499 each. The Telecaster felt like a better guitar. The neck felt better finished. I thought it was a better Tele than the Strat was a Strat. I wonder if the newer line of Standards with those chrome/black humbuckers were improved at all, compared to the regular Standards, or if this was just a guitar vs. guitar thing?

BlueHeaven

I saw the price increase on both Sweetwater and GC site the day I was going to GC to play a few Strats. Found one still marked $499 (white w/maple board) and the sales guy used a 20% off thing so it was $423 after taxes.

Top Bottom