PSA : Red Witch Pedals - discounted Titan, plus free _______

I ordered mine first, then I made this posting (ha ha).

5Fv0m90B5nB2pEKapPNPz_oofd4UXuv9oMC_Bo2GNPxgCNdNGEZBTvVOUk5-9DO9kLTiqz4w_XLiAtXEtmdmqZMPP5tUZOzffbHlCRHCtqsrXMBcbcc_ZppuoCvjjZwYQse6AbWBAwSxnal3Fks9u1nOIvn65R69SEC7S6Y=s0-d-e1-ft

HyS6LYRONN__Ye7eh4V2wnHR_pDQhg2m9klYt3QH6IwkRsZUwuve65YnCeeEGeDThSj4Ql3JgAMgjkXtiJ_ssGBNCLAo0F3znEg1kYFM8f4U-a_UAZN-FQKYzbB4vJZNtModie9E3NC7BGKWEezhjX7wvey8gOy5mLYJrD8=s0-d-e1-ft

6hIZ37n_AZoEMAtUdZNWyXTfAAtCbAhkO6uZMuO4WhzD5T4qZEW5r8byKmEg02bJJwHSaYkFY9kyKk_Gt50DH4ket6QkLYMSddayP15KWvJq33meoVN1LCFz4U31st2mpGl1FQkGR-q6ez9vJ0Ky5qtq0XxL6erd26YpxnM=s0-d-e1-ft

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
Just ordered an empress which they haven't shipped yet so this deal pisses me off. I may just cancel the order at this point.

I choose the discounted Titan Delay, with the free Empress Chorus.

But fellow Canadians, take note:
- add 20 USD for shipping
- add $90-100 CDN for exchange rate difference

If I also get dinged with import taxes, then I am almost back to non-sale prices.

urQuill

g.f.a.
Silver Supporting Member
Crazy. Where is that sale happening? Doesn't seem to be a word about it at the Red Witch website ...

nasonm

Silver Supporting Member
I saw that deal this morning via email as well but I'm thinking like olejason, I'm wondering what's up with pricing as they had 50% off, then 40% off, now 30% and a freebie.

I forget the codes:

- ANDYTONEDISC
- VAITONEDISC
- EDGETONEDISC

I justified by adding up the total price (with shipping, exchange rate, etc) and then saying
"If I walked into a store and saw these prices, would I buy them ?"

For deal #1 (Titan plus Empress) it works out to around $190 CDN per pedal.
That is equivalent to seeing them in a store for $165 plus tax each.

olejason

IIRC the company was sold to stockholders a year or so ago. There was a kickstarter campaign at one point. It seems like they're struggling to figure out pricing.

AD

Platinum Supporting Member
I choose the discounted Titan Delay, with the free Empress Chorus.

But fellow Canadians, take note:
- add 20 USD for shipping
- add $90-100 CDN for exchange rate difference

If I also get dinged with import taxes, then I am almost back to non-sale prices.

sale or non sale, you are still subject to provincial HST and possible duty (6%) if the item is shipped from outside Canada. If you are looking for a delay and chorus, this sale is pretty hard to beat.

AD

Platinum Supporting Member
Just ordered an empress which they haven't shipped yet so this deal pisses me off. I may just cancel the order at this point.

I'm sure this will piss off a few dealers as well. Given they haven't shipped, I would ask RW to participate in the deal/discount and do it before they run out of stock.

coltonius

Señor Member
Silver Supporting Member
Only on TGP will people complain about a 50% off sale affecting 'flipping value' down the road.
It actually reminds me of the Lovepedal SNS sales, except more sporadic and with an apparently opposite effect (vitriol vs victory).

I ordered a Fuzz God 2, during the 50% off sale last year.

It took a while to get shipped, but I did not get dinged with any import taxes or duty fees
( I may have just got lucky that time).

calfzilla

Cynical Hack
Did anyone else notice that their "sale" prices make no sense? Lily, Ivy, & Scarlett are not free if the Titan is 30% off and the price is still $400... That's either 3 free pedals and nothing off the Titan or 2 free pedals and 30% off the Titan plus a Ruby at full price... I know, minor, but still seems like "false advertising" to me.

lofibrian

Silver Supporting Member
I got the empress and moon phaser for 40% off. Great pedals. But would I ever pay full price? Nope.

Is the markup due to them coming from new zealand?

My pedals shipped from somewhere in the US. I assumed they were clearing stock but it took weeks to get them. Maybe they are using up old parts and are going to redesign into smaller enclosures?

Otherwise these sales make no sense. I can get some off reverb nowith for a few dollars more if I missed out. I got all the RW pedals that interests me...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom